Going RAW, gradual change from kibble or go full raw from day 1?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
You should not use this for her. It maybe harm her health

Raw is the best for dogs. Mine have no plaque whatsoever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
She vomited again after she ate dinner last night. Iā€™m not sure what to do now. Do I switch to another brand of frozen raw or put her back on kibble? If I put her back on kibble do I transition or just switch?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
She vomited again after she ate dinner last night. Iā€™m not sure what to do now. Do I switch to another brand of frozen raw or put her back on kibble? If I put her back on kibble do I transition or just switch?

I would try a different brand and a different protein.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I would try a different brand and a different protein.

Thanks for for the suggestion. Due to the fact I have a vacation trip coming up and someone will be watching her for me Iā€™m going to try the Stella and Chewyā€™s Raw Coated kibble to keep the feeding simple for the person watching her for me. Once I get back from vacation Iā€™m going to try frozen raw again.

For the switch back to a kibble should I do a transition of some kind? Due to her current digestion issues Iā€™m leaning towards a full on switch to the kibble at dinner time tonight.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks for for the suggestion. Due to the fact I have a vacation trip coming up and someone will be watching her for me Iā€™m going to try the Stella and Chewyā€™s Raw Coated kibble to keep the feeding simple for the person watching her for me. Once I get back from vacation Iā€™m going to try frozen raw again.

For the switch back to a kibble should I do a transition of some kind? Due to her current digestion issues Iā€™m leaning towards a full on switch to the kibble at dinner time tonight.

Yeah, if sheā€™s already having issues, I would probably just switch right over.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Agree with Citty.. just switch over

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Would anyone like to share their experience with the freeze dried raw foods? I was considering switching just for the simplicity, but it looks like the freeze dried costs about twice as much for the same amount of calories. One reason I'm considering it is because I will be going on a two week vacation in January and will be having someone watch my dog for me and I would like to keep it as simple as possible for them.

Also, if switching to a freeze dried formula is there any reason to do a transition?

What about switching raw brands, like switching from Primal to Stella & Chewy's. Should you do a transition?[/QUOTE [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Would anyone like to share their experience with the freeze dried raw foods? I was considering switching just for the simplicity, but it looks like the freeze dried costs about twice as much for the same amount of calories. One reason I'm considering it is because I will be going on a two week vacation in January and will be having someone watch my dog for me and I would like to keep it as simple as possible for them.

Also, if switching to a freeze dried formula is there any reason to do a transition?

What about switching raw brands, like switching from Primal to Stella & Chewy's. Should you do a transition?[/QUOTE [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION]

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Freeze dried is EXTREMELY expensive.You can switch to a dehydrated raw for slightly more money than frozen raw, but you won't have to take out a mortgage like you would with freeze dried. You used to use Spot Farms, but I personally got good deals when Petsmart had their 20.00 off of 100.00 spends, and I bought Only Natural Easy Raw from them. I don't think you need to transition, but you can expect 3x the volume of poos from dehydrated raw compared to frozen raw, as you know.

You could also try Canisource Grand Cru dehydrated raw kibble for convenience, it's made in Quebec. I didn't find it as good for allergies as the EasyRaw though.

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Freeze dried is EXTREMELY expensive.You can switch to a dehydrated raw for slightly more money than frozen raw, but you won't have to take out a mortgage like you would with freeze dried. You used to use Spot Farms, but I personally got good deals when Petsmart had their 20.00 off of 100.00 spends, and I bought Only Natural Easy Raw from them. I don't think you need to transition, but you can expect 3x the volume of poos from dehydrated raw compared to frozen raw, as you know.

You could also try Canisource Grand Cru dehydrated raw kibble for convenience, it's made in Quebec. I didn't find it as good for allergies as the EasyRaw though.

Thanks for the info

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

Canisource Grand Cru......Sounds like a great wine!

OP
pcchenard

pcchenard

Dec 31, 2013
Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola seems to be going really well on the Stella & Chewyā€™s Raw Coated Kibble (the Lamb). Skin issue seems to be continuing to improve.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lola seems to be going really well on the Stella & Chewyā€™s Raw Coated Kibble (the Lamb). Skin issue seems to be continuing to improve.

Great news!

Most Reactions