Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: Going RAW, gradual change from kibble or go full raw from day 1?

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Citty
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    King Louie and Jax (French Bulldog)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Going RAW, gradual change from kibble or go full raw from day 1?

Quote Originally Posted by pcchenard View Post
    They only issue I see with that is getting my vet to agree with me that the Rabies vaccines are causing the issues. I did not give her any other vaccines after the first year since they are not required by law (she had all the usual puppy shots). But I think it might be tough to get her to agree with me on this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Agreed... the pup I spoke of , it was severe and vet only agreed after second rabies shot had same reaction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I know there can be adverse reactions to vaccines but I don't know if I have ever heard of the reactions affecting years later.

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola McWigglebutt, Bruno (1996-2007)
    Likes (Received)

Iím pretty sure once their immune system is screwed up from the vaccine it is going to be a problem forever. And the issues showed up in both cases shortly after the rabies vaccines.

Bruno the Bulldog - Rest in peace old buddy.
    July 1996 - December 2007

4. Likes 2BullyMama, helsonwheels liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Iím pretty sure once their immune system is screwed up from the vaccine it is going to be a problem forever. And the issues showed up in both cases shortly after the rabies vaccines.
    No No, You ďCANĒ repair the immune system with food. You need to add example like:
    Red bell peppers, ginger, garlic, broccoli, spinach, fermented sauerkraut, Greek yogurt, goats milk, turmeric...any dark green veggies and berries. Keep the raw going but add these above ingredients as topping. Also salmon, herring n sardines. Make sure all fish is NOT fished out of chinaís Water cause of high mercury levels or youíre back to square one. This goes for any fish oils. Ask questions where your fish comes from. Fermented sauerkraut, fermented veggies will clean the gut out. Thatís your goal here.

6. Likes 2BullyMama, pcchenard, Cbrugs liked this post
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    No No, You ďCANĒ repair the immune system with food. You need to add example like:
    Red bell peppers, ginger, garlic, broccoli, spinach, fermented sauerkraut, Greek yogurt, goats milk, turmeric...any dark green veggies and berries. Keep the raw going but add these above ingredients as topping. Also salmon, herring n sardines. Make sure all fish is NOT fished out of chinaís Water cause of high mercury levels or youíre back to square one. This goes for any fish oils. Ask questions where your fish comes from. Fermented sauerkraut, fermented veggies will clean the gut out. Thatís your goal here.
    Thank you very much for this info. Can you please provide some guidance on how much of each of these different foods to add and which to add together at the same time? Because I have absolutely no clue what combinations are good together or how much of each to give her. She is about 30 pounds if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Thank you very much for this info. Can you please provide some guidance on how much of each of these different foods to add and which to add together at the same time? Because I have absolutely no clue what combinations are good together or how much of each to give her. She is about 30 pounds if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance!
    30lbs isn’t big. I don’t know what you guys (humans) eat on daily basis. I eat a lot of veggies. Every supper I eat at least 3 veggies. If possible start every 2 days to get Lola use to new food. Start with one teaspoon fermented sauerkraut every 2 days for a good week. Later on when she’s use to it it will be one tablespoon. After a week, keep up the FS n add RED bell peppers. ALL veggies n fruits needs to be raw. Give her half a bell pepper opposite days of FS. Then remove pepper n replace it with 1/2 cup total of both broccoli n cauliflower. Stool will be softer but because you’re feeding raw, it will end up normal. Ginger n turmeric are the best for immune system. Just start with a pinch of each but make sure you add also a pinch of black pepper so you get full benefits of the turmeric. Start like this for now and as the weeks goes by add another veggie. Use berries as treats in mid day like a 1/4 cup. You dog is small so so these extras will help her get back on track. Do try to buy your veggies local or organic if possible.

9. Likes 2BullyMama, pcchenard liked this post
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default Going RAW, gradual change from kibble or go full raw from day 1?

30lbs isnít big. I donít know what you guys (humans) eat on daily basis. I eat a lot of veggies. Every supper I eat at least 3 veggies. If possible start every 2 days to get Lola use to new food. Start with one teaspoon fermented sauerkraut every 2 days for a good week. Later on when sheís use to it it will be one tablespoon. After a week, keep up the FS n add RED bell peppers. ALL veggies n fruits needs to be raw. Give her half a bell pepper opposite days of FS. Then remove pepper n replace it with 1/2 cup total of both broccoli n cauliflower. Stool will be softer but because youíre feeding raw, it will end up normal. Ginger n turmeric are the best for immune system. Just start with a pinch of each but make sure you add also a pinch of black pepper so you get full benefits of the turmeric. Start like this for now and as the weeks goes by add another veggie. Use berries as treats in mid day like a 1/4 cup. You dog is small so so these extras will help her get back on track. Do try to buy your veggies local or organic if possible.
    Thanks! Ginger and Turmeric every meal? Once per day? Every other day?

Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Thanks! Ginger and Turmeric every meal? Once per day? Every other day?
    Every 2days for now. Jumps days so Lola gets use to her new additions. If all put at once you won’t know if she has an issue and what can have caused it. Write it down if you have too.

12. Likes pcchenard, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Real Name
    Pete
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Every 2days for now. Jumps days so Lola gets use to her new additions. If all put at once you wonít know if she has an issue and what can have caused it. Write it down if you have too.
    Thanks.

14. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Remove Ads