CrazyCarlyn

Oct 7, 2018
Country
U.s.a
Bulldog(s) Names
Prenup
Hello everyone new to the forum let me start off by saying hello and thank you for the add.

I have a Englishbulldog pup from a breeder. Parents both about 50lbs. He has been feeding the pup kibble food. I would like to put him on the barf diet Iā€™m familiar with the ratios 80/10/10 concept. But have further questions since this is the first Englishbulldog as a pup as I normal fed my other EBs Grain free in the past

I was wonder how much in Cups or Oz should my pup be eattinf daily if I do the ratios and grind everything up. What would be the recommend amount? Used the raw calculator but 218 grams of rare blended in the ratios isnā€™t a bit much in a day?

Iā€™ve seen a bunch of stuff on websites but I just want to be certain.

Weighed him last night heā€™s 6.5 lbs

Thank you for time

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello everyone new to the forum let me start off by saying hello and thank you for the add.

I have a Englishbulldog pup from a breeder. Parents both about 50lbs. He has been feeding the pup kibble food. I would like to put him on the barf diet Iā€™m familiar with the ratios 80/10/10 concept. But have further questions since this is the first Englishbulldog as a pup as I normal fed my other EBs Grain free in the past

I was wonder how much in Cups or Oz should my pup be eattinf daily if I do the ratios and grind everything up. What would be the recommend amount? Used the raw calculator but 218 grams of rare blended in the ratios isnā€™t a bit much in a day?

Iā€™ve seen a bunch of stuff on websites but I just want to be certain.

Weighed him last night heā€™s 6.5 lbs

Thank you for time
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
A 50lb dog is one pound of raw per day. I also give both my dogs as a lunch snack either frozen tripe or herring ( 1/4cup ish) for the difference of price you making it and buying it, is not much of a difference. I buy mind in 1/2 pounders frozen n feed frozen. You also NEED to feed some fiber everyday like fresh green beens or a higher fiber veggie.

OP
C

CrazyCarlyn

Oct 7, 2018
Country
U.s.a
Bulldog(s) Names
Prenup
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]
A 50lb dog is one pound of raw per day. I also give both my dogs as a lunch snack either frozen tripe or herring ( 1/4cup ish) for the difference of price you making it and buying it, is not much of a difference. I buy mind in 1/2 pounders frozen n feed frozen. You also NEED to feed some fiber everyday like fresh green beens or a higher fiber veggie.

Oh ok awesome thank you for the reply my dogs 6.5lbs heā€™s a puppy so how much do you think he needs aday? 50 was the size of the parents

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Oh ok awesome thank you for the reply my dogs 6.5lbs heā€™s a puppy so how much do you think he needs aday? 50 was the size of the parents

Hereā€™s a great calculator. Bare in mind you will be giving extras throughout the day.
Also better keeping a dog on the thinner side n not fat if you want an active dog without health issues. I give a pound but they both eat as snack like mentioned of tripe/herrings, fruits, veggies, sauerkraut etc... why I donā€™t give them 2 pounds each. And trust me both are extremely active n walks 4-5 Km a day n still jumps n play non-stop...Jack Russels in a bully suit.

https://www.truecarnivores.com/learning-centre/calculator/

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Feeding calculators are good guidelines but every dog is different so the amount is something you will need to play with until you find what works. Some may need less, some may need more.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
A puppy should be fed 5-8% of weight of dog per day spread over 4 meals a day until 4 months of age, then over 3 times a day from 4-6 months, then over twice a day from 6 months of age and on. Around a year of age and on start cutting back calories to 2-3 % of dog's weight per day.

A 6.5 pound puppy should be fed roughly 0.4 pounds or 6.5 ounces or 0.8 cups or 190g per day ( based on 6.5% of weight ). So I would buy a one pound frozen slab, let it thaw about 2-3 hr in fridge, then cut it up as needed into sections depending on how many times a day you are feeding, then refreeze it in ziplock bags, then let it thaw in fridge for 24hr before serving.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Gang has you covered... best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.