Help please

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
Hi everyone,

My boy is fed on frozen raw for his evening meal but for breakfast he has scrambled eggs or sardines/ salmon etc. Do you think this is ok as these are not raw. Advice please.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm going to tag some people that have experience w/raw feeding...

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I wouldn’t consider eggs and sardines a complete meal. I give scrambled eggs as a treat and same with sardines. Some people give eggs as part of a meal so you can give eggs along with the frozen raw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone,

My boy is fed on frozen raw for his evening meal but for breakfast he has scrambled eggs or sardines/ salmon etc. Do you think this is ok as these are not raw. Advice please.

Question is how many eggs n how old is your dog?

Nothing is wrong feeding scrabble eggs. Just the word “or” you are using. Should be eggs WITH sardines/salmon. Eggs is a great source of protein, sardines for oil. That being said, careful with them cans of sardines. Very high in sodium. If you can why don’t you get fresh sardines n freeze them. Also are you cooking the egg in butter?

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Question is how many eggs n how old is your dog?

Nothing is wrong feeding scrabble eggs. Just the word “or” you are using. Should be eggs WITH sardines/salmon. Eggs is a great source of protein, sardines for oil. That being said, careful with them cans of sardines. Very high in sodium. If you can why don’t you get fresh sardines n freeze them. Also are you cooking the egg in butter?

I've read that sardines could have radioactive strontium from the Fukushima disaster in Japan so I wouldn't feed that every day if at all. If you do feed it, most of the references recommend 1 can of sardines packed in water per week for a 50 pound dog, I've never seen a reference say to use it for a meal every day, I'm not sure why. I would just feed the regular raw food meals twice a day, and add a can a week of sardines if you wish,

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Why I mentioned if you can get fresh sardines to freeze them.... sardines are not just from Japan. And yes people basically need to read where ALL their food comes from. :yes:

OP
pauline

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
Breakfasts for a typical week:
Monday - 2 eggs scrambled in the microwave with a little water no butter
Tuesday - A tin of sardines in olive oil
Wednesday - A fillet of salmon poached
Thursday - 2 scrambled eggs
Friday - A tin of mackerel
Saturday - A fresh piece of tuna cooked
Sunday - 2 scrambled eggs

He has raw for his evening meals

My boy is 10 months old and weighs 22k

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Breakfasts for a typical week:
Monday - 2 eggs scrambled in the microwave with a little water no butter
Tuesday - A tin of sardines in olive oil
Wednesday - A fillet of salmon poached
Thursday - 2 scrambled eggs
Friday - A tin of mackerel
Saturday - A fresh piece of tuna cooked
Sunday - 2 scrambled eggs

He has raw for his evening meals

My boy is 10 months old and weighs 22k

IMO, these are not complete meals. Other people might disagree. Is there a reason you are not feeding raw for the morning meals as well. Whenever I give sardines, it's more of a treat/snack rather than a whole meal. Same with eggs.

OP
pauline

pauline

Dec 30, 2017
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Hobson
He is a very fussy eater and i have tried many different foods I have finally found a raw complete that he will eat and give him his daily allowance in the evening but he loves his scrambled eggs fish etc

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
He is a very fussy eater and i have tried many different foods I have finally found a raw complete that he will eat and give him his daily allowance in the evening but he loves his scrambled eggs fish etc

You can still give scrambled eggs and fish with the raw meal. I personally just wouldn't do them alone as their own meal.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.