Thread: New to raw feeding.

Country
    Scotland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Oscar
    Likes (Received)

Default New to raw feeding.

Hi, ive got a 7 week old pup whos eating a raw diet i was supplied from my breeder. being new to this i've been doing some research and have noticed people adding supplements to there raw diet.
    the food i get supplied is a chicken/beef pre mix, just wondering is there anything else i should be adding?

not greatest of pictures but you can see the analytical constituents -img_0715-jpg-img_0716_li-jpg

want the best for my boy would hate to think he isnt getting enough nutrients etc any help would be greatly appreciated.

The Ultimate Sourmug helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to raw feeding.

Hi there and Welcome!!!

I feed both the Ultimate Turkey. 75% turkey n bones, 10% tripe, 5% liver, 5% heart, 5% kidney n spleen

I don’t give then chicken. For a 50lb dog it’s one pound per day (454grams)

You absolutely need organs, bones and you won’t need to add supplements. I also feed them frozen. Hope this helps

3. Likes Dollys Owner, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Rescue Volunteer
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to raw feeding.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtymer View Post
    Hi, ive got a 7 week old pup whos eating a raw diet i was supplied from my breeder. being new to this i've been doing some research and have noticed people adding supplements to there raw diet.
    the food i get supplied is a chicken/beef pre mix, just wondering is there anything else i should be adding?

not greatest of pictures but you can see the analytical constituents -img_0715-jpg-img_0716_li-jpg

want the best for my boy would hate to think he isnt getting enough nutrients etc any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Looks to be a bit light in calcium and phosphorus,so you may want to switch brands, according to dogfoodadvisor for large breed puppies there should be:
    1.2 to 1.8% calcium

1.0 to 1.6% phosphorus

Calcium-to-phosphorus ratio 1:1 to 1.8:1

I can't see all the ingredients, but I like a BARF formula- ie 70% muscle meat, 10% raw edible bone, 5% liver, 5% other secreting organ, 7% vegetables, and 3% fruit. This might be a PREY formula with 80% muscle meat, 10% raw edible bone, 5% liver, and 5% other secreting organ. If there's no vegetables or fruit you might want to supplement with those.

I also like to add sea kelp https://www.amazon.co.uk/Starwest-Bo...otanicals+kelp and fish oil if the formula doesn't contain any.

5. Likes helsonwheels, 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads