New to raw feeding.

Oldtymer

Aug 11, 2018
Country
Scotland
Bulldog(s) Names
Oscar
Hi, ive got a 7 week old pup whos eating a raw diet i was supplied from my breeder. being new to this i've been doing some research and have noticed people adding supplements to there raw diet.
the food i get supplied is a chicken/beef pre mix, just wondering is there anything else i should be adding?

not greatest of pictures but you can see the analytical constituents IMG_0715.JPGIMG_0716_LI.jpg

want the best for my boy would hate to think he isnt getting enough nutrients etc any help would be greatly appreciated.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi there and Welcome!!!

I feed both the Ultimate Turkey. 75% turkey n bones, 10% tripe, 5% liver, 5% heart, 5% kidney n spleen

I don’t give then chicken. For a 50lb dog it’s one pound per day (454grams)

You absolutely need organs, bones and you won’t need to add supplements. I also feed them frozen. Hope this helps

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Hi, ive got a 7 week old pup whos eating a raw diet i was supplied from my breeder. being new to this i've been doing some research and have noticed people adding supplements to there raw diet.
the food i get supplied is a chicken/beef pre mix, just wondering is there anything else i should be adding?

not greatest of pictures but you can see the analytical constituents View attachment 113559View attachment 113560

want the best for my boy would hate to think he isnt getting enough nutrients etc any help would be greatly appreciated.

Looks to be a bit light in calcium and phosphorus,so you may want to switch brands, according to dogfoodadvisor for large breed puppies there should be:
1.2 to 1.8% calcium

1.0 to 1.6% phosphorus

Calcium-to-phosphorus ratio 1:1 to 1.8:1

I can't see all the ingredients, but I like a BARF formula- ie 70% muscle meat, 10% raw edible bone, 5% liver, 5% other secreting organ, 7% vegetables, and 3% fruit. This might be a PREY formula with 80% muscle meat, 10% raw edible bone, 5% liver, and 5% other secreting organ. If there's no vegetables or fruit you might want to supplement with those.

I also like to add sea kelp https://www.amazon.co.uk/Starwest-Botanicals-Organic-Kelp-Powder/dp/B004XIS14M/ref=sr_1_1_s_it?s=drugstore&ie=UTF8&qid=1534035434&sr=1-1&keywords=starwest+botanicals+kelp and fish oil if the formula doesn't contain any.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online