Started raw feeding please help

Keithlan1978

Apr 22, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Hi everyone

Started feeding our English bull on raw food on Thursday and heā€™s been like a different dog apart from heā€™s got diarrhoea

The raw food shop where we get his food from set out a 4 week plan for him, heā€™s on 860g of food a day as he weighs 39 pound

Week 1 is just meat

Week 2 introduce 20g of bone then after 3-4 days 40g

Week 3 50g bone for 3 days then 65g plus 20g offal for 3 days then 40g

Week 4 85g bone plus 60g offal for 3 days then 80g

Iā€™ve read about people going straight onto complete from day one so would people advise this and if so how many grams of bone and offal per meal as he has 430g of food twice a day?

Also Iā€™ve read people add a bone supplement to there bulldogs food which Iā€™m considering doing today but how much would I add to each 430g meal that he has

Thanks in advance for any advice

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
First of all that is way too much for a 39 lbs bulldog. My ~66 lbs bullies eat around 750g per day. Back in the day when I switched my first bully to raw I started with complete meal plan without a problem. I know others have done it differently and it's gone well or sour. How old is your bulldog?

OP
K

Keithlan1978

Apr 22, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
First of all that is way too much for a 39 lbs bulldog. My ~66 lbs bullies eat around 750g per day. Back in the day when I switched my first bully to raw I started with complete meal plan without a problem. I know others have done it differently and it's gone well or sour. How old is your bulldog?

Thanks for your reply, heā€™s 6 months old

OP
K

Keithlan1978

Apr 22, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Nyala n Duke only gets 454g (1 lb) per day n both weigh 50lbs. And their lunch snack is either frozen tripe or small herrings. Both went straight to complete meal. No need for bone supplements. Ultimate Raw has everything in it. (Organs, bones etc)

https://www.dogsnaturallymagazine.com/6-natural-joint-supplements-for-dogs/

Thanks for your reply, arenā€™t they supposed to have 4% of there body weight per day?

Iā€™m going to switch Debo to complete which has everything in as I really donā€™t see why the shop is doing a 4 week plan and neither does anyone else to be honest

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
For a puppy that age I would start by giving 2% of the estimated adult weight and adjust by the way the pup looks.... too thin give more, too fat give less.

OP
K

Keithlan1978

Apr 22, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
For a puppy that age I would start by giving 2% of the estimated adult weight and adjust by the way the pup looks.... too thin give more, too fat give less.

That would only be around 120-140 grams of food per day assuming heā€™ll grow to 60-70 pound

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
SysmƤ
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
That would only be around 120-140 grams of food per day assuming heā€™ll grow to 60-70 pound

Sorry, was thinking in kilos...as we weight our dogs in kilos. My bullies are around 30 kilos, so the starting weight of food would be 600g.

OP
K

Keithlan1978

Apr 22, 2018
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Sorry, was thinking in kilos...as we weight our dogs in kilos. My bullies are around 30 kilos, so the starting weight of food would be 600g.

Haha thank god for that I thought I was over feeding him by crazy amounts for a minute plus Debo would pack his bags and leave home if he only got 120-140 grams of food per day haha

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I agree with [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION], always better to feed less and go accordingly. Every dog is different as some have way more energy than others. The ones thatā€™s not too active or sleeps all day will for sure need less food.

Btw, grams, mls kilo, itā€™s basically the decimal that shifts places....

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.