Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raw Diet???

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Tucson, Arizona
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Raw Diet???

Quote Originally Posted by jortiz9758 View Post
    I had Bruno on all types of grain free foods from Taste of the wild, Natural Balance, Wellness, Fromm and although it helped with the little bumps all over his body it didn't go away completely.
    I switched over to RAW. I switched him over from kibble from one day to another. It was the absolute BEST thing I did for him. I feed him ground beef, chicken,lamb, veggies,fruits and eggs and a multivitamin every day.
    His bumps are all gone. His poop is great. He put on nice muscle mass ( 60 lbs) and his bumps are all gone.

I make a 40 pound batch at a time. Fill plastic sandwich bags, flatten them all, freeze them and store them all. I give him one bag in the am and one in the pm with veggies or fresh fruit as snacks in between.
    I am happy to hear Bruno is all healed up! Did I miss that post previously? Congrats and big hugs for Bruno!

P.S. You should make a new post with the exact recipe on how for Bruno's new diet! Sounds great!

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Toronto, Ontario
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@jortiz9758 - It seems like Stig and Bruno had the same ailments. Did you have to buy a freezer too just for him? We had to. =)

@JoeysMom - Another way not to worry about bones is to buy a meat grinder and grind everything, including the bones. I think I saw a youtube video of someone doing that. I don't think a grinder costs much. It's around $150 here for a really good one so I can imagine them being really cheap where you are. And most likely that in the long run, grinding the meat yourself will cost a lot cheaper than buying the pre-packaged ones.

Real Name
    Bruno's Daddy
    Pembroke Pines Florida
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

@savemejeebus I didnt have to buy another freezer. I just simply mix all the ingredients together. Place them in sandwich bags and flatten them out so they are easier to thaw out.
    The 40 pound batch gives me quite a few bags of food but they all fit stacked one on top of each other neatly in the freezer. Next time I make a batch I will take a few pictures and share.

Below is who I bought Bruno from. He only feeds his bullies RAW. He suggested I do the same when I got him, but I didn't listen. I really was not crazy about the idea or about the work involved. I decided to give it a go.... doesnt take long at all. Best thing I ever did.

Last edited by jortiz9758; 04-04-2011 at 09:05 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads