buttercp21

Feb 9, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
King
Hello guys my English Bulldog just turned 12 weeks old and I have been doing my research. We are looking to switch him to a raw food diet. I have a few questions. Where do you get the recipes for the raw food diet? Also how easy is it to transition from regular dog food to a raw food diet? Has anyone seen a change in their bulldogs health? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be informed thanks guys in advance.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hello guys my English Bulldog just turned 12 weeks old and I have been doing my research. We are looking to switch him to a raw food diet. I have a few questions. Where do you get the recipes for the raw food diet? Also how easy is it to transition from regular dog food to a raw food diet? Has anyone seen a change in their bulldogs health? Sorry for all the questions, I just want to be informed thanks guys in advance.

Havenā€™t heard anyone not liking raw. Your dog will be much healthier and will have less issues. I personally give it frozen. I canā€™t tell you where to buy it cause Iā€™m in Canada. Other members will answer you for that question. You can also type raw food in the search bar so you can read other post on raw.

LucyLucy

Mar 2, 2018
Buffalo, New York
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
We just switched our Lucy to raw about 1 month ago. She is doing real well and you definitely can see the difference in her coat and she used to have some little bumps in about 5 spots around her body and those are all gone. We have gotten our
Frozen raw food from MyPetCarnivore so far and have placed our first order with our local raw dog coop. Good luck and your dog will love it.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION]

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Neighborhood healthfood stores for dogs are going BIG with Raw these days it seems. Many freezers with good variety. We like Vital Essentials for his Beef meals, and Steves for his turkey and turkducken. Also Tuckers for pork. Just some suggestions.. Also the butcher shop for turkey or chicken necks and organs for treats, and marrow bones.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

we made the switch back in December... I found a local company that makes the food, packages, and delivers frozen to my door. The boys love it and are doing fantastic. all issues we had (not counting environmental allergies) are gone.

Here are links to my status threads for the past two months:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...on/56612-switch-raw.html?highlight=raw+switch

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...-switch-week-status.html?highlight=raw+switch

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...24-raw-switch-month.html?highlight=raw+switch

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...itch-2-month-status.html?highlight=raw+switch

The boys are going for their annual wellness check tonight... so I plan to post another update tomorrow, which is the 3 month status

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
I love it! I got my first dog when he was 4, and switched after 5ish months of having him. I fasted him for a day and gave him raw (apparently you donā€™t need to fast them, oops). I went to the grocery store and bought different types of meat/organs. I portioned them all out and had his meals in bags. He did wonderful on it!! Such a difference in his fur and skin issues. He was a plump 80lbs when I got him, lost the weight, but went back up to 80lbs. However, it was a lean 80lbs, so he didnā€™t look like a big sausage!

My 2nd pup has been on it since day one! Heā€™s loving it and Iā€™m not having any issues at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Staff online

Members online