LucyLucy

Mar 2, 2018
Buffalo, New York
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
Hi everyone,

We have had our baby girl Lucy for almost 2 months. She is 7 months old and has eaten Natural Balance LID sweet potato and fish since we adopted her at 6 months from the breeder as that is what they were feeding her.

We are looking to take the plunge into Raw feeding with prepackaged meals from MyPetCarnivore. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the first protein to start with - we were thinking the Ground Beef Tripe Supreme mix with is 50% ground tripe, 40% muscle meat/bone/organ and 10% beef trachea and gullet. Lucy is allergic to chicken and I read that tripe was a good starter protein. Planned on getting some canned pumpkin to help with stool consistency.

It is great to new to the board and thank you for any suggestions.

Brian

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    435.5 KB · Views: 182
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 184
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 171

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi everyone,

We have had our baby girl Lucy for almost 2 months. She is 7 months old and has eaten Natural Balance LID sweet potato and fish since we adopted her at 6 months from the breeder as that is what they were feeding her.

We are looking to take the plunge into Raw feeding with prepackaged meals from MyPetCarnivore. I was wondering if anyone had any advice on the first protein to start with - we were thinking the Ground Beef Tripe Supreme mix with is 50% ground tripe, 40% muscle meat/bone/organ and 10% beef trachea and gullet. Lucy is allergic to chicken and I read that tripe was a good starter protein. Planned on getting some canned pumpkin to help with stool consistency.

It is great to new to the board and thank you for any suggestions.

Brian

Beef is a good start. Tripe/organs is fantastic for sure. You’re on the right track. Go for it!!! How much does Lucy weigh? 1lb per day for 50lb dog.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome to EBN!!!

Lucy is a beauty.... raw is the best and as Helene stated--- you are in good shape and ready to start.

I feed locally source pre-made raw to my guys too... they are a little over two months in and the improvements so far have been great!

Keep us posted and those pictures coming

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online