Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Our poor bulldog has had a multiple of health problems in his short little life. He finally seems to be on the mend, so we are taking this opportunity to change his diet to a more natural food. While raw and even freeze dried don't fit our budget currently (paying off many vet bills). We have decided to start him on a dehydrated raw diet (grand cru) with a freeze dried topper. He is currently on royal canin hypoallergenic HP food - but it's not going great, lots of hives, very itchy, and balding patches on his back. Im disappointed in their ingredients too - as the first listed is brewers rice. We are also starting him slowly on a probiotic! We are very excited to start, and have done a lot of consulting with our natural pet food store. Any experiences or advice to share?!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
This is wonderful news, I'm sure he will thrive on the new food, and probiotics are always amazing for overall health :) Keep us posted on his progress!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm sure you will improvement. Fresh sauerkraut is also a very good source of probiotics and you can share it too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Great idea.... RC is crap food and just a bunch of fillers. Best of luck and please keep us posted on the progress

OP
D

Diesel10

Nov 29, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Diesel
Yes the RC is very disappointing especially cause it was a vet prescribed to specifically help with his issues and it's not at all

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
good job! and Costco has now a great organic fermented sauerkraut very reasonable... Hank LOVES it (so do I) and I thought it would make him gassy but NO,, it's good stuff! Thanks to whoever suggested this a while back :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.