rockysmom

Apr 17, 2016
Richmond Hill, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocky
My 1 year old Rocky has been eating raw since July 2016. However, in November 2016 he started turning his nose to it. Whenever, I put his raw in his bowl he would walk to the bowl look at it, smell it and walk away. I have persisted by trying different types of meat such as chicken, beef, duck, turkey but not luck.

Yesterday I gave up and gave him Fromms Beef & Vegetables and he ate it without any issues. Should I give him a break for a month and try raw again? Or should I keep up with the raw? I am confused. I thought raw would be best for him but he is refusing it. Any advice?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala is home fed and did the same last week. She started to vomit bile only in the morning. 3 days later it stopped but developed 2 rashes. I put a mix of essential oils it was almost gone next day. Oh but she did have smelly feet like really bad. All was clean and nothing in her paws. Why, how or what happened, I have no clue. Just one of them unexplainable thing. She's also one ish yr old. Dont know what to tell you but check her body. Im curious.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
How about 50/50 for a while? Kibble in the morning and raw in the evening. Also one of my bullies didn't like his meat minced, it had to in pieces.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Dogs quite often vomit bile because they are going too long between meals, so smaller more frequent meals and less fat in the diet will help. If the dog isn't eating much raw food because they want a change, it's better to add water to their dry dog kibble or give them a canned dog food so the solid food won't sit long in the stomach.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Is your dog still doing well on the Fromm? If so, I don't see any need to switch back to raw. I forgot to mention before that one of my dogs will throw up with one dog food I give her ( Presidents Choice Nutrition First Salmon and Potato ( which has a 5 star rating ) but not with any others even though they may be of lesser quality. I'm just trying out Nutrience Sub Zero now which is a mix of dog kibble and freeze dried raw food and I'm hoping she doesn't throw up on that since it has an excellent 5 star rating.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.