Real Name
    Luisa
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocky
    Likes (Received)

Default Problems with raw

My 1 year old Rocky has been eating raw since July 2016. However, in November 2016 he started turning his nose to it. Whenever, I put his raw in his bowl he would walk to the bowl look at it, smell it and walk away. I have persisted by trying different types of meat such as chicken, beef, duck, turkey but not luck.

Yesterday I gave up and gave him Fromms Beef & Vegetables and he ate it without any issues. Should I give him a break for a month and try raw again? Or should I keep up with the raw? I am confused. I thought raw would be best for him but he is refusing it. Any advice?

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala n Duke
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Problems with raw

Nyala is home fed and did the same last week. She started to vomit bile only in the morning. 3 days later it stopped but developed 2 rashes. I put a mix of essential oils it was almost gone next day. Oh but she did have smelly feet like really bad. All was clean and nothing in her paws. Why, how or what happened, I have no clue. Just one of them unexplainable thing. She's also one ish yr old. Dont know what to tell you but check her body. Im curious.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

How about 50/50 for a while? Kibble in the morning and raw in the evening. Also one of my bullies didn't like his meat minced, it had to in pieces.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Django
    Likes (Received)

What essential oils did you add? Thanks!

Doggie Boutique Owner
    Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)

Dogs quite often vomit bile because they are going too long between meals, so smaller more frequent meals and less fat in the diet will help. If the dog isn't eating much raw food because they want a change, it's better to add water to their dry dog kibble or give them a canned dog food so the solid food won't sit long in the stomach.

6. Likes Lalaloopsie, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Doggie Boutique Owner
    Real Name
    Brian and Lynne
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Honey (Dolly rehomed)
    Likes (Received)

Is your dog still doing well on the Fromm? If so, I don't see any need to switch back to raw. I forgot to mention before that one of my dogs will throw up with one dog food I give her ( Presidents Choice Nutrition First Salmon and Potato ( which has a 5 star rating ) but not with any others even though they may be of lesser quality. I'm just trying out Nutrience Sub Zero now which is a mix of dog kibble and freeze dried raw food and I'm hoping she doesn't throw up on that since it has an excellent 5 star rating.

Remove Ads