Opinions on air dried raw food?

suzyrainbows

Apr 28, 2016
New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus and Chunk
Hi everyone - doing research like a crazy woman on the raw food diet and came across a couple of companies that do air dried raw (BDN (Big Dog Natural) and Bravo). Sounds way less messy to me. The BDN company air dries and ferments and to me that sounds great because I ferment food at home.

Just not sure - soo many choices and I have 3 dogs (borkie, schnoodle and EB) and I'm thinking if I give one raw I should give them all raw so I want to make the best (and most economical but convenient) choices.

I'm getting overwhelmed with this research and at this point just want to narrow down my choices. Do you guys think the air dried raw is a good option?

Thanks in advance!

Suzy

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
is that the same a 'freeze dried' or is it a whole different process?

OP
suzyrainbows

suzyrainbows

Apr 28, 2016
New Jersey
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus and Chunk
is that the same a 'freeze dried' or is it a whole different process?

Honestly I'm not sure but we can probably disregard the BDN "air dried" idea because I called them to make sure I had the pricing correct and it would cost me $262 to feed 1 55lb bulldog, 1 24lb schnoodle and a 9lb borkie. That pricing is for 40lbs of food which would last for approx 5wks.

Is it just me or is that like totally ridiculous pricing for the same stuff that non-air dried sellers have?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
40lbs for $262 is a lot. Your bulldog would need at least 1lb a day.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.