Supplements

icyjay

Dec 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
pepper
Not sure if this is the wrong forum but I buy raw from a co-op here in the Houston area and grind my own then form into patties like you see in commercial raw. I am trying to find a good supplement I can use with raw. Do any of the raw feeders have any suggestions?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I tagged a few raw feeders..... but you could look into to NuVet

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Do you also give organs? Kelp is a good supplement as well and cod liver oil with raw feeding. How about eggs? Do you feed bone as well? It depends on how natural you wany to keep your feeding as well. A lot of the supplements are artificial and some say they don't absorbe as well as the natural ones.

OP
I

icyjay

Dec 2, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
pepper
yes the blend is meat,organ,bones and fat. I do give Grizzly salmon oil each morning but thats it. Was wondering if I needed to add more to make it more complete?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I would add kelp and probotics in the form of fresh sauerkraut, not the canned kind. Joint supplement and occasional courses of cod liver oil. Also a raw egg or two is great.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
We feed commercially available raw, which probably doesnt need supplements. Lately tho, to combat her allergies i've been giving her probiotics in powder form on her dinner, and i've given nuvet before as well. Lola also gets eggs when we have them on the weekend (cooked).

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Hi, you've been given great advice above. I'm not experienced with raw feeding, but it is not harmful to give natural supplements which help with digestion, boost the immune system and help keep our dogs healthy. I give our guys plain yogurt every morning for the Probiotics which are excellent for digestion, gut flora and boosting the immune system, I also give them Coconut Oil in their evening kibble and apple cider vinegar as well as Kelp.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.