Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
I am usually posting here my bulldog problems but today I am delighted to say we are having a real breakthrough. Raw feeding has settled a lot of issues, for example George was always quite phlegmy on kibble his tear stains were very brown also, since the change he has no more phlegm and the tear stains are gone. He never had a big issue with ear wax but now his ears are never dirty at all.
I understand that raw feeding isn't for everyone but anyone thinking about it at all I would encourage you to give it a go. I truly feel the dog is happier for it and it sure makes me feel good that he isn't eating the same thing everyday.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
FANTASTIC news!!! So happy your found what will get and keep your baby happy and healthy!

Now... where are pictures of your handsome boy :tapfoot:

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
FANTASTIC news!!! So happy your found what will get and keep your baby happy and healthy!

Now... where are pictures of your handsome boy :tapfoot:
I am going to have to get better at taking pictures. Watch this space .......

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
image.jpeg
�� No one tell my daughter I showed them that one.

raghu

Jan 7, 2015
India
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Olive,
Happy that it has worked out for you and your EBs.
Make sure they are getting bone to balance out phosphorus content in meat.
In summer you may also just take it out of the fridge and dunk it into their bowls.
The biggest positive side effect for me was "no doggie odor" apart from general well being.
Cheers,
Raghu

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Olive,
Happy that it has worked out for you and your EBs.
Make sure they are getting bone to balance out phosphorus content in meat.
In summer you may also just take it out of the fridge and dunk it into their bowls.
The biggest positive side effect for me was "no doggie odor" apart from general well being.
Cheers,
Raghu

Thank you so much for all your help with this Raghu.
I think I was giving a little too much bone to be honest but we have sorted that out now and things are really good he absolutely loves it. He still smells of cheesy tortilla chips but I kinda like it in a weird way.
Your help is very much appreciated by us thanks again.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My Usko use to tell me by pooping on the floor at night when there was too much bone in his meal. Luckily then it's very dry and almost floury. One dog can handle more and another less bone. It's about finding the balance for your dog. Every bully can be different.

raghu

Jan 7, 2015
India
Country
India
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
He still smells of cheesy tortilla chips but I kinda like it in a weird way.

This may be because EBs are messy dogs. Most don't know how to eat. They simply stuff their head into food.
Greedy buggers.
Then due to their build, they really cannot lick themselves clean like other dogs, however hard they try.
We need to help them out with the grooming ritual. In these ways EBs are like babies forever.

Cheers,
Raghu

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
My Usko use to tell me by pooping on the floor at night when there was too much bone in his meal. Luckily then it's very dry and almost floury. One dog can handle more and another less bone. It's about finding the balance for your dog. Every bully can be different.
Yeah I get you the balance can be a fine line, we are working on getting it spot on. Thank you.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
This may be because EBs are messy dogs. Most don't know how to eat. They simply stuff their head into food.
Greedy buggers.
Then due to their build, they really cannot lick themselves clean like other dogs, however hard they try.
We need to help them out with the grooming ritual. In these ways EBs are like babies forever.

He sure is greedy but we clean his face every day sometimes twice. They are so like babies in so many ways. I took him away for a night and I know I never had as much stuff when my daughter was a baby then I had to bring for him all very worth it though.

chefjesseq

Aug 15, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bentley
I am usually posting here my bulldog problems but today I am delighted to say we are having a real breakthrough. Raw feeding has settled a lot of issues, for example George was always quite phlegmy on kibble his tear stains were very brown also, since the change he has no more phlegm and the tear stains are gone. He never had a big issue with ear wax but now his ears are never dirty at all.
I understand that raw feeding isn't for everyone but anyone thinking about it at all I would encourage you to give it a go. I truly feel the dog is happier for it and it sure makes me feel good that he isn't eating the same thing everyday.

Hi, i have a question i feed my 1 year old bulldog raw, but have noticed tear stains are worse, and he's shedding a lot, his recipe is whole chickens, ground up, ground beef, whole raw eggs, and veggies like broccoli ground up. I was wondering if you would share your recipe since you have had luck with yours. Thanks

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Hi, i have a question i feed my 1 year old bulldog raw, but have noticed tear stains are worse, and he's shedding a lot, his recipe is whole chickens, ground up, ground beef, whole raw eggs, and veggies like broccoli ground up. I was wondering if you would share your recipe since you have had luck with yours. Thanks

Probably the chicken. Take it out see what happen

Give Nyala turkey. But I home cook for her not raw

chefjesseq

Aug 15, 2016
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
bentley
thank you i will try this, just worried since everyone says bone is needed, the beef i get comes ground so no bone in it. but your provably right it must be the chicken

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley

Hi I'm sorry I haven't been on here for a while so I'm only seeing your message now. Sounds like you are doing things good to me I really don't know except that it may be one of the meats that is the problem. We sometimes have tear stain problems again but is think it's down to some allergy and I give an antihistamine to George sometimes that seems to help.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.