RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Here's a sample of the meal for my guys for today and tomorrow. Then it's some different meats, but always sauerkraut and about 0,55 lbs fermented tripe.

12065684_10153738467094726_2336653169711641686_n.jpg

There's minced pork with bone, boneless pork and boneless turkey, fermented tripe and sauerkraute. The reason why it's so red is that I just yesterday saw dried beetroot on sale for dogs. Well, our neighbour was growing beetroots in the field next to us and they told us that we can harvest the rest what is left, since they don't anymore. I already harvested quite a lot for ourselves, but yesterday I also got about 10 lbs for the boys. I pureed them and this morning addes in to their food. Usko gets a little more, since I'm conducting a little animal experiment with Voitto here, since he can't digest all veggies. We'll see what happens with beetroot... . That's alltogether 1,55lbs divided between two meals. I also put in some coconut oil, multivitamin, Clugosamine, MSM, crushed eggshell, probiotics and kelp.

I myself just had a couple of pieces of chocolate...

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
can you tell me more about why you use fermented tripe and sauerkraute? I am very new to raw feeding, but curious.

(I love sauerkraute for myself too!)

thank you!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Here's a sample of the meal for my guys for today and tomorrow. Then it's some different meats, but always sauerkraut and about 0,55 lbs fermented tripe.

View attachment 92981

There's minced pork with bone, boneless pork and boneless turkey, fermented tripe and sauerkraute. The reason why it's so red is that I just yesterday saw dried beetroot on sale for dogs. Well, our neighbour was growing beetroots in the field next to us and they told us that we can harvest the rest what is left, since they don't anymore. I already harvested quite a lot for ourselves, but yesterday I also got about 10 lbs for the boys. I pureed them and this morning addes in to their food. Usko gets a little more, since I'm conducting a little animal experiment with Voitto here, since he can't digest all veggies. We'll see what happens with beetroot... . That's alltogether 1,55lbs divided between two meals. I also put in some coconut oil, multivitamin, Clugosamine, MSM, crushed eggshell, probiotics and kelp.

I myself just had a couple of pieces of chocolate...
Awesome!! Please update on how the experiment goes w/Voitto! Are they in any shows soon?

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
They're both packed with live natural probiotics, much better than any pill. I love sauerkraut too, but it must be the fresh kind not canned.

can you tell me more about why you use fermented tripe and sauerkraute? I am very new to raw feeding, but curious.

(I love sauerkraute for myself too!)

thank you!

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks! The animal test seems to have been a succes and he can eat beetroot. At least he hasn't thrown up like he does if he eat the veggies that don't agree with him.

There's 3 more shows this year 11.21., 12.6. and 12.7., but I'm not very optimistic about them. The guide lines for judging bulldogs in Finland are very strict nowadays and Voitto's face is too wrinkly according to them.

Awesome!! Please update on how the experiment goes w/Voitto! Are they in any shows soon?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WOW.... they eat better than any person I know.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Thank! The animal test seems to have been a succes and he can eat beetroot. At least he hasn't thrown up like he does if he eat the veggies that don't agree with him.

There's 3 more shows this year 11.21., 12.6. and 12.7., but I'm not very optimistic about them. The guide lines for judging bulldogs in Finland are very strict nowadays and Voitto's face is too wrinkly according to them.

"too wrinkly"
:jawdrop:
NO SUCH THING!
Good luck, they're number one in my book!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Too wrinkly? That should only be a problem is there's a health issue due to the wrinkles.

Voitto's a gorgeous boy- great example of a bulldog. Hope the judge can see beyond the new guidelines...

YHSublime

Dec 16, 2014
Fairfax, VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Taco & Thor
I think your dogs eat healthier and better than I do! How much time a week do you spend preparing and shopping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

madie4589

Feb 9, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
would you suggest that I give frank a little sauerkraut daily?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Did we ever do sauerkraut in the "yum or yuck" thread? I :heart: it too, especially on a reuben! Now I'm hungry:gimmefood:

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
It takes about 10-15 minutes in the morning to prepare their daily meal, so it's no fst food in that sence eather, but I enjoy it like some people enjoy cooking, I guess. Just got 50kilos/100lbs of meat delivered at my door step and I also buy from a shop that is on my hubbies way to work.

I think your dogs eat healthier and better than I do! How much time a week do you spend preparing and shopping?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
RiiSi

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, that would be good, but start with a smalla amount, since not all dogs take to it right away. It also has to be fresh and not that canned s***t, There's no live probiotics in it and it tastes faul. I give my guys about 3 oz/day.

would you suggest that I give frank a little sauerkraut daily?

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
It takes about 10-15 minutes in the morning to prepare their daily meal, so it's no fst food in that sence eather, but I enjoy it like some people enjoy cooking, I guess. Just got 50kilos/100lbs of meat delivered at my door step and I also buy from a shop that is on my hubbies way to work.

That is awesome! My goal one day is to do the same…even splurge on the grinder if I am able…but w/all my little ones running around preparing a raw diet is just not possible at the present time. I would love to spend the first part of my morning making home made dog food for Bass <- can you tell he's my favorite?! :mansfriend:

Super impressed with your daily routine! How did you learn all the measuring and what veggies to add?
I WILL be pm-ing you when the day comes that I brave Raw all by myself!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online