Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Steak Bones

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    What was in the vomit.... food, mucus, bile?

As for the bones, I give my guys one a week as a treat on Saturday nights, they get dinner at 5 PM and then the bone at 6:30 - 7:00. I never thought to give it as a meal replacement, not sure I would, but others that are full raw feeders my have better insight on that.
    No mucus in his vomit. The first time was breakfast. The second time was last night's supper. All dog food. He also has pooped three times, versus his usual one in the morning.

Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Barclay
    Likes (Received)

I want to thank everyone for your posts. I am returning late to the party, but I have not yet given my bully a bone yet. This was great advice. I will stay away from steak bones. Frozen marrow bones it is! Really appreciate all the support.

3. Likes 2BullyMama, TyTysmom liked this post
    Dog Park Attendant
    Real Name
    Madie (Maydee)
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

Frank gets a big ole marrow bone 1x a week, he loves it. He will literally chew for 3 hours straight. I wonder how long he would go if I didn't take it away from him. I'll usually give it to him on a big blanket (the 'frank blanket' I call it) so he doesn't make a mess. We'll put in a movie and sit in the living room while he has it so I can monitor him. He does great with the bones and he's never thrown up or had any soft stool. and a bonus, his teeth look GREAT!

My only advice is to get it from you butcher so you know the bones you get are human grade meat. and never get those small discs they cut for soup, I've heard too many stories about dogs getting those locked around their jaw.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads