adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Hello!

My dog has been on raw for a little over two years. Recently we changed his protien to kangaroo because we suspect he has developed an intolerance to beef due to him being super itchy, diarrhea, etc. He has been on the kangeroo for a little over a month and has drank NO water since. He is not interested in drinking at all so I have been putting water in with his food.
I have tried low sodium broth and changing his water a few times a day.
I know raw has water in the food and dogs on raw don't drink a lot but I am getting concerned. Winston was never one to drink a lot anyways, only every few days. He does not seem dehydrated.

Has anyone experienced this with there bully?
Any input or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
When you pinch the back of his neck, does the skin retract quickly? Also, is he peeing? What color?
He's eating fine? Just not drinking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
adamslater

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
When you pinch the back of his neck, does the skin retract quickly? Also, is he peeing? What color?
He's eating fine? Just not drinking?

Skin is super bouncy. Lots of pee, normal for him and huge appetite as usual

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Skin is super bouncy. Lots of pee, normal for him and huge appetite as usual

He must be getting it from the food then..... I wouldn't worry too much then unless you see any of the above change, or the color of his gums get pale.

When we had Tyson on raw, he drank less as well. Still drank but not much. Before raw when he was on kibble, he drank ALOT. We have him on The Honest Kitchen now & add it our own protein. That has lots of water obviously, and he drinks a little when we get in from walks, but that's it.

Ps if you really want him to get something in - try coconut water. Tyson goes nuts for it, so I have to give it to him in small amounts Bc he won't stop drinking, lol

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
He must be getting it from the food then..... I wouldn't worry too much then unless you see any of the above change, or the color of his gums get pale.

When we had Tyson on raw, he drank less as well. Still drank but not much. Before raw when he was on kibble, he drank ALOT. We have him on The Honest Kitchen now & add it our own protein. That has lots of water obviously, and he drinks a little when we get in from walks, but that's it.

Ps if you really want him to get something in - try coconut water. Tyson goes nuts for it, so I have to give it to him in small amounts Bc he won't stop drinking, lol

:goodpost:

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My boys rarely drink too. Maybe once a day, sometimes every other day. Unless the house is warm, then they'd drink more often

As long as they continue to eat enthusiastically, do both #1 and #2 normally, and act like their joyful selves, I wouldn't worry too much.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
If he doesn't show any signs of dehydration like Jessica metioned, I would not be worried. My boys have been eating raw since 7 months and 2 months old and they drink daily, but I'm sure it varys with every dog/bully.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
and i worry because all mine drink lots of water... my vet told me they should be drinking 1 oz per pound of weight a day... and i think they do.. depending on how much they play

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.