Weening dry to raw.

cocopopsandmeay123

Aug 31, 2014
So like many of you my girl coco isn't improving on any food !! So we're trying raw Iv found a UK based site that I know is good and going to be ordering tomorrow. My question is do I ween her onto the raw or not ?

Al post a pic of my two aswell they say hi everybully !!! IMG]http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/09/12/0455bdb19204039e8ee30203d2a6b2ed.jpg[/IMG]

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
good question...I didn't even think to wean off kibble, I assumed going straight to raw would be fine, but I'm curious as well.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yup, my boys went straight to raw. The bone content should be higher in the beginning to avoid runny poops. Then adjust as necessary after a few days.

Good luck!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
"Cold turkey" at our house and no problems. Some say it's better to ween, but if you do, give raw meal separate from kibble.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
How come?

Some say that raw digests quicker than kibble, so you'd need to separate in order to avoid digestive issues. But there are numerous members who feed them together with no issues. Strict raw feeders tend to avoid kibble altogether. In other words, it's really up to you how you'd like to feed :)

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Some say that raw digests quicker than kibble, so you'd need to separate in order to avoid digestive issues. But there are numerous members who feed them together with no issues. Strict raw feeders tend to avoid kibble altogether. In other words, it's really up to you how you'd like to feed :)
GTK, thx for the info!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I'm in the strict raw feeding group. Usually kibble feeders feed only raw meat together with kibble, not anything with bone. If you start feeding raw it should also include bone and bone together with kibble can cause issues.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.