Bone help!

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Hello!

So I still haven't perfected raw yet, and I need help with bones. Otis gets yeasty (especially his poor tail pocket) and he eats chicken and duck. But I need their bones for him. I remember giving him turkey with the same yeasty results, but that was when we first started raw.

For a bit he was ONLY eating beef and he did so well yeast wise....but the poops were always runny.

Any suggestions for another bone source? Should I go back to turkey?

Thanks for your help!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
How have you gotten rid of the yeast? It doesn't go away by itself or by chancing the protein he's eating. What else do you feed? Only meat and bone?

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Well I clean his tail pocket with baby wipes soaked in witch hazel or hibicense. He gets meat, bones, offal and green tripe. Plus the odd vegetable.

When he was only eating beef there were no issues with his tail pocket. Which made me believe it was the proteins we was eating. Now it's filled with gunk daily.
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
When he was only eating beef, you mean he wasn't eating anything else. No bones, offal or green tripe or the veggies? More than any protein yast needs carbs to thrive. Antibiotics will make them grow wild. If you don't get rid of them they will survive and different issues can arise. May I suggest that you buy the strongest kind of probiotic and give him a double dose for a month or two.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Sorry let me clarify. When he was only eating beef, he was still getting veggies, offal, veggies. But the beef bone wasn't enough for him to firm up.

Could you suggest a probiotic? Do you mean one for humans?

Thanks for your help!
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I just found out that my boys have yeast and I started giving them a product called Candida Forte. It's finnish so you can't probadly get in Canada, but there must be something similar. It is for humans and I started taking a double dose my self too. My boys have been eating raw for a long time and stil their stool samples were filled with yeast. I blame antibiotics. I will be posting their story soon.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
I just found out that my boys have yeast and I started giving them a product called Candida Forte. It's finnish so you can't probadly get in Canada, but there must be something similar. It is for humans and I started taking a double dose my self too. My boys have been eating raw for a long time and stil their stool samples were filled with yeast. I blame antibiotics. I will be posting their story soon.

Thanks for you help! I'll find one for Otis too.

mackbob

Sep 1, 2014
Los Angeles, CA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bob (Bobman)
Hello!

So I still haven't perfected raw yet, and I need help with bones. Otis gets yeasty (especially his poor tail pocket) and he eats chicken and duck. But I need their bones for him. I remember giving him turkey with the same yeasty results, but that was when we first started raw.

For a bit he was ONLY eating beef and he did so well yeast wise....but the poops were always runny.

Any suggestions for another bone source? Should I go back to turkey?

Thanks for your help!!

you can use human bone meal as a replacement and it will firm up the stools. this is what i use when i make a raw mix. the now foods brand is great. 1/2-1 teaspoon per pound of meat. You can also feed him whole eggs that have been boiled or you can dry the eggs out and crush them and feed them that way.

Members online

No members online now.