is this normal

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
ive gradually over 3/4 wks been putting archie on a raw diet the last 3 days he has been soley on raw ,he is only pooing once a day ,is not struggling to poo or look in discomfort ,but was normally having 5 a day before ...is it normal
:(:(:(:(

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yes, it is normal with raw feed --- there is less waste as the body absorbs more since the food is not 'processed'.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
[MENTION=13421]Paul Stott[/MENTION]
Totally normal & also shows you are achieving your goal. His body absorbs the raw, and it has way less fillers & waste than kibble. This will be the new norm. Tyson went from massive poops 2-3 times a day to one small poop once a day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
well archie is being sick got bad diahrea not got a clue whats happend ,he has not eat anything bar his raw

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
he has completly gone of the raw not eaten for 2 days now just sniffs and walks away ,im wondering whether being ill he associates it with the raw feed ??? any idea would you persevere or go back to dry

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
he has completly gone of the raw not eaten for 2 days now just sniffs and walks away ,im wondering whether being ill he associates it with the raw feed ??? any idea would you persevere or go back to dry

Hmm. I did not have this experience with Tyson, he loved it. I would think that if he doesnt feel well, he could not be hungry. Tagging [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] to get her input.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Smaller poo, which is just waste, is normal with raw food, since it has less fillers.
You can always try if he eats dry food eather or is he just hasn't got any appetite. Is he drinking and acting normal other wise? Maybe you could try another taste of the raw food. Have you properly thawed his meal, he may like it warmer and it should not be straight from the fridge anyways.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
If he's sick, he just might not want to eat. It doesn't mean it's the food.

What exactly is wrong with him? Have you taken him to the vet?

OP
Paul Stott

Paul Stott

Dec 29, 2014
i ve no idea what was us he just had terrible sickness n diahrea for one evening ,then he just sniffs his meat ,not really eating properly ,i give him a bowl of dry and he gobbled it up :sneaky2: is it just as good for them slightly cooked ???

Most Reactions