Diamondly8

Apr 29, 2015
Texas!
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Cupcake!
Hello All,
I will be getting a 10 week old puppy in four days! I would like to know if anyone has advice on raw diets at this age/transitioning to raw food from commercial food? I have done some research but would like advice on other owner experiences.
thanks!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have fed my second bully raw food since he was 8 weeks old, my first boy since he was 7 months. I live in Finland and I have absolutely now idea what kind of raw food you have available so it's very hard to give exact good advice. Also in the internet everybody seems to have a different style of feeding and it can get really confusing. For example some people start their pup with just one type of protein, I started giving a whole diet right away....That is why I always suggest that you buy a book about raw feeding and start from that, then you always have one guide line to follow. When you have fed your pup for awhile with that one type of feeding and seen the reactions you can better start experimenting with something else.

Biermanx3

Apr 24, 2015
Country
USA,
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
My Dozer is 3 months old. I am about to start feeling raw and wondered how to start him so he gets use to chewing the bone? Don't want him eating it to fast and choking. Chicken is what I'm gong to start him on first. Was thinking of chicken wings whole, beef heart just a little and maybe turkey meat also with some liver. I have access to lots of meats. Just not elf or deer cause I live in Spain for about a year and half still. But when I get back to the states I'll be hunting again and plan to save the heart and stuff for him to eat and also the meat. Would he be ok with the chicken wings and be able to break them down to swallow?

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online