The day has come - for RAW - tips? advice?

Michael Colosimo

Nov 16, 2015
Wonderful info, thank you so much. I will definitely transition, I wouldn't dare just switch. I'll do slow as well. We'll probably pick it up this weekend. I wonder though, bc I've seen the pattys. Does that fill them up? I mean they look small to me. Tyson is def a big boy, and while he needs to lose weight, I still don't want him feeling hungry.

You may also want to look into Vital Essentials - Here's the website.
Vital Essentials. Purely raw. Instinctively healthy.

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Sure, I'm going to start introducing the new kibble for dinner - very slowly - I will keep you posted.

I'm also considering raw but totally unsure of my ability to manage this so no firm decisions yet. I'm just wondering what 6 star kibble you are feeding TyTy? If it's OK to ask.
I have stared using Orijen for George which I understand is a 6 star food he seems to be doing well on it stomach wise but his tear stains are very dark but I'd rather have dark eyes than have his tummy upset. He also seems to have developed the yeasty paws but maybe that's just because this country is so wet all the time even though I dry his paws when he comes in. Sorry I'm gone off topic there a bit, my bad.

OP
TyTysmom

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I'm also considering raw but totally unsure of my ability to manage this so no firm decisions yet. I'm just wondering what 6 star kibble you are feeding TyTy? If it's OK to ask.
I have stared using Orijen for George which I understand is a 6 star food he seems to be doing well on it stomach wise but his tear stains are very dark but I'd rather have dark eyes than have his tummy upset. He also seems to have developed the yeasty paws but maybe that's just because this country is so wet all the time even though I dry his paws when he comes in. Sorry I'm gone off topic there a bit, my bad.

The 6 star food was Orijen. We tried The Six Fish, and the Red Meat. Both were too high in protein for Tyson as he started losing hair, had stomach issues, and still itchy. We had gone to a commercial raw (Stella & Chewy's) and honestly he did great on it, but then they had a Listeria recall which he was affected by. He was so sick with non-stop vomiting, and needed vet care.... so we took him off.

He has now been on The Honest Kitchen (Kindly base mix) and we add in the protein. So we alternate extra lean ground beef, kangaroo, and venison. We buy it and cook it ourselves and add the Honest Kitchen mix to it. He has done exceptionally well on this, thank GOD! Better than any other kibble, raw, etc. I am so thankful that we finally found something that worked for us.

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
The 6 star food was Orijen. We tried The Six Fish, and the Red Meat. Both were too high in protein for Tyson as he started losing hair, had stomach issues, and still itchy. We had gone to a commercial raw (Stella & Chewy's) and honestly he did great on it, but then they had a Listeria recall which he was affected by. He was so sick with non-stop vomiting, and needed vet care.... so we took him off.

He has now been on The Honest Kitchen (Kindly base mix) and we add in the protein. So we alternate extra lean ground beef, kangaroo, and venison. We buy it and cook it ourselves and add the Honest Kitchen mix to it. He has done exceptionally well on this, thank GOD! Better than any other kibble, raw, etc. I am so thankful that we finally found something that worked for us.
That's great to hear that he is doing good. Thanks for the info I will consider and look into all the options to get this right for George.

- - - Updated - - -

That's great to hear that he is doing good. Thanks for the info I will consider and look into all the options to get this right for George.

bengardradar

Community Veteran
Nov 11, 2013
Exira IA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Radar
Sorry to start this post again the behaviorist has suggested lower protein for radars behavior issues. I bought sojos raw and he likes it he just doesn't like it mixed with kibble during the transition I did find a kibble with low protein. I am so on the fence which way do I go raw or low protein kibble?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.