Thread: Hi there- My new puppy on raw feeding

Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elsa
    Likes (Received)

Default Hi there- My new puppy on raw feeding

Hi guys and girls
    I am new to all this and I will be given a new bulldog tomorrow by one of my friends he has recommended to use raw feeding to build her strength up as previous owner was very irresponsible so want to build it up again.
    Only problem is where do I start and is there anything cheaper out in the UK markets for my puppy. She is 5 months old and has lost so much weight. What is your best advice people
    Thank you in advance

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hi there- My new puppy on raw feeding

Hi and welcome to EBN. My advice is to buy pre-made raw food for puppy's. In my opinon if you don't have any experience on raw feeding this isn't the time to start making it yourself. Or you can get a local raw feeding expert to plan a diet for your pup. I have no idea what is available in your area so I can't give any better advice.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Hi and Welcome @Jessica021 I don't know much about raw feeding but maybe you can find some info here:

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...lish-bulldogs/

Congratulations to your new bulldog baby, looking forward to seeing pictures
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Real Name
    Raghu Prasad
    Country
    India
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Hello,

Welcome to you and your bully. Raw feeding can be easy and tricky at the same time.

I live in India and have a 5 1/2 month EB puppy and a 5 year old Boxer (Bella & Rudy; Pics attached)
    The Boxer has been on Raw for about 2 years now
    Bella has 2 feeds of Raw and 1 feed of kibble per day

Sources: Chicken, Beef, occasional Lamb, Eggs (boiled and raw), fruits and boiled veggies (sometimes), milk/curd, cottage cheese
    Quantity: 450 gms of raw meat and bone per day (split into morn and evening meals); afternoon meal is 75 gms of dry Kibble
    Ratio: 80% meat, 20% bones, 10% organs (approx, usually balanced over 2-3 days)
    Supplements: Flaxseed Oil or Salmon Oil

I usually buy food for 3 to 4 days. Portion it out and store it in the fridge (not freezer)
    Come feeding time, I pour warm water over the meat and bones and let it sit for 3 mins to take away the chill.
    Then dump it in the bowl and see it disappear in 60 seconds

The trick is to feed portions that are big enough to force them to chew (otherwise you risk gulping and regurgitation)
    Do not feed cooked bones or very small bones. Both are choking hazards.

Your pup may take sometime to get used to raw. Be patient; tummy upsets are common in the beginning.

Regards,
    Raghu
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -img_20150208_130505803-jpg   -img_20150213_133346877-jpg   -img_20150227_111807476-jpg   -img_20150227_110921125-jpg   -img_0072_sm_c-jpg  

Bulldog Vet in Training 2bulldogsstuff's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Logan and Brett
    Likes (Received)

Congrats! No knowledge of raw feeding either. I'm still too freaked out but one day I want too! Post pics of your new baby!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by raghu View Post
    Hello,

Welcome to you and your bully. Raw feeding can be easy and tricky at the same time.

I live in India and have a 5 1/2 month EB puppy and a 5 year old Boxer (Bella & Rudy; Pics attached)
    The Boxer has been on Raw for about 2 years now
    Bella has 2 feeds of Raw and 1 feed of kibble per day

Sources: Chicken, Beef, occasional Lamb, Eggs (boiled and raw), fruits and boiled veggies (sometimes), milk/curd, cottage cheese
    Quantity: 450 gms of raw meat and bone per day (split into morn and evening meals); afternoon meal is 75 gms of dry Kibble
    Ratio: 80% meat, 20% bones, 10% organs (approx, usually balanced over 2-3 days)
    Supplements: Flaxseed Oil or Salmon Oil

I usually buy food for 3 to 4 days. Portion it out and store it in the fridge (not freezer)
    Come feeding time, I pour warm water over the meat and bones and let it sit for 3 mins to take away the chill.
    Then dump it in the bowl and see it disappear in 60 seconds

The trick is to feed portions that are big enough to force them to chew (otherwise you risk gulping and regurgitation)
    Do not feed cooked bones or very small bones. Both are choking hazards.

Your pup may take sometime to get used to raw. Be patient; tummy upsets are common in the beginning.

Regards,
    Raghu

So adorable!

Remove Ads