Thread: Food doesn't really work...

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food doesn't really work...

@anatess Thanks for this 'poopology' lesson - very useful!

As we're only dealing with soft stools here (no diarrhea at all), increasing fibre sounds right at this stage. He's eating this pre-packaged raw food, so we'll start by adding butternut squash or possibly flax seeds to his meals and see how that goes. What came out of him today looked a bit more processed, so hopefully, things are going in the right direction.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

An update from Castor; butternut squash helped and the situation is ok now so we're testing without the squash. Will try out the other suggestions if needed as squash is costly here this time of year.

Country
    Boulder, Colorado, USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kira
    Likes (Received)

if the stool is runny it can mean not enough raw bone or/and too much liver/fat. I grind turkey/chicken necks and chicken drum sticks for bone content. works well for Kira. and I put MUCH more bone (ground) than 10%. I would guess around 30-40% of the mix (the mix has meat, organ meat, bones, veggies and fish).

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    An update from Castor; butternut squash helped and the situation is ok now so we're testing without the squash. Will try out the other suggestions if needed as squash is costly here this time of year.
    Good news. I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, but I'll ask around.

Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Castor
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yulia View Post
    if the stool is runny it can mean not enough raw bone or/and too much liver/fat. I grind turkey/chicken necks and chicken drum sticks for bone content. works well for Kira. and I put MUCH more bone (ground) than 10%. I would guess around 30-40% of the mix (the mix has meat, organ meat, bones, veggies and fish).
    There is actually no bone in his food... and he doesn't eat a lot of bones. Will consider this - thanks for pointing this out!

Country
    Boulder, Colorado, USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Kira
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cefe13 View Post
    There is actually no bone in his food... and he doesn't eat a lot of bones. Will consider this - thanks for pointing this out!
    You are welcome . Raw bone matter is an important part of raw diet. Though bones MUST be raw, never cooked (cooked bone can kill a dog).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads