Looking for raw meat supplier in Boulder/Lafayette area, Colorado

yulia

Oct 20, 2014
Boulder, CO
Country
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kira
Being a nutritional consultant (for humans), I strongly believe in what I call species-specific diet for optimal health, be it human, dog, or any other animal. Therefore, I of course will feed our new puppy primarily raw meat diet (good quality meats, free of hormones and antibiotics). Here in Colorado we have a natural food store called Sprouts that offers very reasonably priced meats (with no hormones and antibiotics). However, I was wondering if I could also find a local farm that could sell me some unconventional stuff, such as chicken necks (which I believe is GREAT for puppies), chicken feet, organ meats and such. Or maybe even the meat itself; if the price if comparable to Sprouts than I would much rather support a local farm! Please let me know if you know of any meat/pet meat provider in this area.

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
There is a yahoo group named Carnivore feeders and feed suppliers https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/CarnivoreFeed-Supplier/info you can join the group and ask if they have or if they know suppliers near you. Goodluck and hope this helps. BTW chicken necks are choking hazard even if they're fed whole because when bitten they are big enough to get stuck in the throat. IF you are going to feed Prey Model Raw, you have to remember to give peices of meat as big or better yet waaay bigger than his head.

OP
yulia

yulia

Oct 20, 2014
Boulder, CO
Country
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kira
Yes, I did sign up for that group, not sure how yahoo groups work though. Hopefully something will come out of it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.