Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: RAW feeding... I'm confused:/

Quote Originally Posted by aprilemari View Post
    I think she said venison, which is deer, and that would count as a second protein to beef. We feed ground up meat and bone mixture. Feed raw does help Lola's allergies, which are mostly environmental. Lola is on bison, venison, and boar.

Venison and beef should be different kind of protein then? So I could feed him venison, beef and... fish?

I think though that I'll wait a little before changing anything... I want to try and add things to his current food first and see if his problems goes away. Since he doesn't have major issues it might be enough?
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

In my opinion allergen is an allergen even in small doses. The reaction isn't dependend on the amount he gets. This could be a little bit exaggerated example, but think of people allergic to peanuts. The reaction is the same with a trace of peanut and a whole one.

Quote Originally Posted by Petra View Post
    Venison and beef should be different kind of protein then? So I could feed him venison, beef and... fish?

I think though that I'll wait a little before changing anything... I want to try and add things to his current food first and see if his problems goes away. Since he doesn't have major issues it might be enough?

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Petra van der Walt
    Country
    Sweden
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by RiiSi View Post
    In my opinion allergen is an allergen even in small doses. The reaction isn't dependend on the amount he gets. This could be a little bit exaggerated example, but think of people allergic to peanuts. The reaction is the same with a trace of peanut and a whole one.

Ja the thing is he's not allergic to his food, he doesn't show any signs of allergy most part of the year... but he's the only one that gets the Staph bacteria and he's the only one reacting to tick bites I don't know why, maybe he's just that way and it doesn't matter what I feed him, or a change in food could possible boost his immune system and that way keep the Staph and tick reactions away?

It's not really an option trying other kibble foods as that hasn't worked out in the past So I'm looking to add "good stuff" to his current food and I figured adding home cooked meat and veggies could be the answer... or maybe even easier give him some type of vitamin supplement.

He's fine now again, the bumps went away after the Pyostat bath and the Staph wound has healed I tend to panic when it happens cos I'm so scared it will get worse, we haven't had a vet in this town until about a month ago. Our vet is 1 1/2 hour away which is very long if things go wrong
    You were born with the ability to change someone's life, don't ever waste it.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member tyree213's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gilbert,Scarlet, Tyra, & Kevin
    Likes (Received)

If you wanna boost the immune system I would suggest

Raw Diet
    Vitamin C (either Esther C or The Sodium Version)
    Vitamin B Complex Boost the immune system and repels fleas/pest
    Vitamin E (Get the natural D Alpha version)

Keep doing the coconut oil and yogurt...apple cidar vinegar would be great also

You can make a spray of water, few drops of tea tree oil lavender & lemon myrtle (optional) to spray on your pet to repel fleas not sure if it would work for ticks but im pretty sure it would.

Bulldog Vet in Training karenben's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Hilda
    Likes (Received)

If a dog has skin issues and you decide to raw feed then feed only raw all the time,mixing / swapping will not do the immune system any good it will do more harm,swapping to raw may help but detox can take up to a year and the skin may get worse before getting better,avoid all carbs and dairy including yoghurt,remember sugar feeds yeast as does carbs ,raw can be a slow process and patients is needed ,but in my opinion it's the best way to feed any dog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads