Raw Recipes

GoCards82

Jan 15, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wacha
Hey all,

I just moved and there is a great butcher down the road with great prices. I am thinking about making my own raw, but the google machine is not coming up with any recipes. Anyone have any or have any sources?

Thanks

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Are you planning on feeding only raw food? There's a lot of different ways to feed raw. In the next link there's one way to start, no real recipies.

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/f...commendations-on-how-to-start-with-rawfeeding

My way is different. I make a mixture where there is approx 50% meaty bones (50/50), 30% meat, 10% tripe, 10%veggies, they're all ground. About twice a week I give a meal with organs of which 10% liver. Meats vary a lot....chicken, beef, horse, turkey, pork, lamb, reindeer even ostrich or llama...

OP
G

GoCards82

Jan 15, 2014
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wacha
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] Thanks. I feed feed a mix of commercial raw and Fromm Pork and Peas. I would like to go complete raw and avoid chicken. Mostly beef. A few questions.

How are you getting the ground bones?
What are the best veggies?
By weight, how much do you feed?

Thanks

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
I live in Finland and I can buy it from the raw food store.
I use mostly what ever I put in my own salad. I puree leafy greens, pineapple, broccoli etc...
My boys get about 2,5% of their body weight.
You should feed at least 3 different protein sources.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
You should feed at least 3 different protein sources.

Oh, that's interesting - I haven't heard about the need for several sources of protein before! Commercial raw foods here seem to contain one source of protein only. We buy one of those frozen commercial raw foods, and it contains beef, beef blood, rumen, steamed barley, potato fibres, calcium, minerals and vitamins. Should we add other sources of protein, and if so, what would the benefit be?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Commercial foods, raw and kibble, have a lot of nutrients added artificially. Different meats have different amounts of Amino acids and no one has the ideal ratio alone.

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
OK, I see! Thanks for your quick reply.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.