Update

tyree213

Nov 26, 2012
New Orleans
Bulldog(s) Names
Gilbert, Scarlet
Turns out my adult is not allergic to raw chicken and his coat is looking much better.

As for my puppy (4months) her poop has been runny. The past 2 days she has pooped in her crate, which she has never done before. Ive been giving her 1 leg 3x a day along with lamb kidney and calf liver. I have cut out the organ meat since dinner last night so maybe that will help. I will be picking up some canned pumpkin soon....any other tips to get her poop to firm up?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm not a raw feeder but I love reading about it on here.... I think that less organ and more bone will firm it up? [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You don't need to give organs every day. All together 10% of organ is enough, so that may be the cause of loose :poo:

yulia

Oct 20, 2014
Boulder, CO
Country
Boulder, Colorado, USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Kira
I switched our puppy to raw cold turkey once I brought her home. He stools were runny at first. I googled and found that adding yum helps with it. So I started steaming yum and carrots (then mashing both) and adding them to her meals. Few times when I did not have the time and would give her just raw chicken breast (without the yum and carrots) she would have loose stools. So I try to add some yum and carrots to nearly every meal now. I also use a manual grinder to grind turkey necks (chicken necks would have been waay easier, but I could not find those). Ground raw bone helps a lot, too. I often make mixes now with ground meats (beef, chicken), ground raw turkey necks, raw liver, steamed yum and carrots. I make a large amount of it, then put in each zip lock about one day worth of it and freeze. Once I unfreze a daily portion, I add a raw egg (one or two a day) and some daily amount of multi-vitamin powder. Then the dish is ready to serve :). It works well for out nearly 3 months old puppy, Kira :)

Members online

No members online now.