Best Commercial Raw?

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
[MENTION=2415]AdventuresWithOliver[/MENTION]

I just checked Stella & Chewy's and NVI. I checked every raw flavor and every single one contains carrots- from both companies.

I would join "dog food advisor" and post the question there. They should be able to give you a recommendation.

Otherwise, you can try cooking the protein and adding the veggies yourself @cali baker knows more about this.

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
@AdventuresWithOliver

I just checked Stella & Chewy's and NVI. I checked every raw flavor and every single one contains carrots- from both companies.

I would join "dog food advisor" and post the question there. They should be able to give you a recommendation.

Otherwise, you can try cooking the protein and adding the veggies yourself @cali baker knows more about this.

Thanks. I researched ALL day yesterday and learned a lot. Right now, I have found two brands that do not contain carrots: Bravo and Dogswell Nutrissa - both are freeze dried. I am still researching more brands. Unfortunately, we have tried having Oliver eat veggies that were home-cooked (we literally tried EVERY veggie that is good for dogs) and he wouldn't eat them. Either I'm a horrible cook or he is super picky! I truly appreciate you taking the time to not only reply, but to research those brands/flavors. Thank you! :)

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
You can try a protein you've used before in kibble format. We feed nvi duck formula raw pellets, which I don't thaw and Lola eats them like kibble right from the freezer. I think you can go straight to raw, no transition from bland diet. I don't know if nvi has carrot or not... Likely not.

sent from my droid mini

Thanks for the reply! In my hours of researching yesterday, I've only found two brands without carrots. I have to look further into each of those brands!

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
Thank you for the replies. Have any of you used either Bravo or Dogswell Nutrissa or Sojos? Those are the only two brands I've come across that do NOT use carrots. It's amazing what a staple food carrots are in dog food. I wish Oliver could eat them; he loves them, just can't digest them.
Fortunately, I still have time to research brands since Oliver is on chicken and rice for another 5-6 days until he finishes this round of Tylan and until his tummy settles.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.