Are these bones suitable for raw feeding?

Deestar

Mar 2, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
The package just said Beef Bones. The bones look like the would be very hard. Can the dogs chew them safely?

IMG_2996.jpg

*Disregard. I found the answer by doing some Googling. ;)

monkey10262

Jan 23, 2014
Pittsburgh
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
I actually just gave Bear his first bone today. Those types of bones aren't meant to be eaten, just chewed, so as long as they don't chomp
down and try to swallow them, you're good! ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=4441]Deestar[/MENTION] hey Dee.... I give the marrow bones all the time to my two. They love them. the ones you have in the picture, might be a little differnet, but I see you bought from GIANT or stop-n-shop..... check the frozen meat section near the meat department, that is usually where the marrow bones are. And, if too big, just go over to the butcher nad ask them to cut down to the size you want

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
These look like bones from a Butt Roast. Yes, I give these to my dogs (they're very experienced raw feeders) but they are chopped off from a Butt Roast so as to be very meaty. So my dogs gnaw and rip and tear and pull on the meat and gnaw on the bone a bit until they get tired of it and they just leave it in the backyard. They can go for hours doing this! I go out there a few hours later and pick the bones up and throw it away. A few days ago, I saw giant birds swooping down into my backyard. I counted 7 of them... they were death Vultures! I realized I missed picking up a left-over bone and the vultures were fighting each other trying to get at the bone...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.