Welcome to English Bulldog News! The #1 forum for the English Bulldog Enthusiast!

REGISTER today to share photos, stories, advice, get help and access member only features and forums.

P.S. Registered members do not see above advertisements!

Thread: should i change to raw?

Real Name
    United Kingdom
    United Kingdom, Wirral
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Default should i change to raw?

Hi all, my bulldog is now 14 weeks old and i am considering feeding raw. I am a little worried about all the implications with bone etc, was anybody else like me or was it the best thing you done for your bulldog?

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Toronto, Ontario
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: should i change to raw?

Changing to raw was the best thing I ever did with my guys. They're allergy prone, and raw really agrees with them. I was hesitant at first with all the risks, but after much reading, and mentoring from a few members and friends, the transition went well. So it's really up to you. Not everyone can take the leap, or even agrees with the concept, but it's your choice.
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Boston, MA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola & Foxie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: should i change to raw?

Lola was picky and we had her on several (non-eaten) kibbles up to when she was 1.5 years old. We dont' have the freezer space to feed raw appropriately, but we feed raw patties by NVI and Tollden farms (a canadian company). Lola has never liked kibble and never ate it willingly so our savior has been raw food. she's got a better coat, less allergies, and a better appetite now on raw than she ever had on kibble. but that might be because she never really ate kibble.

Remove Ads