Fish

bronsonsdad

Feb 7, 2014
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bronson
Does anyone have experience feeding their pup fish? My friend feeds her pit whole fish all the time, but I am not sure if that is ok for puppies. I am getting a 2 month old next week.

Thanks what a great resource this site is.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Welcome! Your pup can eat fish, but I don't recommend it as the main protein. Not all fish is the same as well … some, like tilapia, doesn't have much value at all. I give my boys sardines (that were frozen) because it's one of the ones that's high in a nutrient that I can't recall at the moment. I also limit their fish intake to once a week the most, just to get enough omega 6 to balance their diet.

I'm going to tag [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]i, as she's brought up her pups on raw. I think she started out with chicken as it's one of the softer bones.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Your pup can eat fish, but I would not give him fish that has big bones. Just last week I gave my 1 year old a whole baltic herring which is a small fish with very light bones and he got a bone in his throat and was gagging like crazy. When he was a pup I gave him salmon once a week, but it was ground.

Most Reactions