I know it can be scary for dogs to choke on their food. But dogs can choke on anything - including kibbles. So, in my opinion (and this is my opinion alone), it is better to train the dog to crunch on their food than to give him food that does not give him any reason to learn to crunch. It's like when you have a baby, you start off cutting his grapes in half so he won't choke on it but eventually, he'll have to learn to chew his grapes. There are benefits to the crunching action that your dog is going to miss - teeth/gums/jaw health and mental stimulation to name a few that outweights the risk of choking. That's just my opinion though.