Please Dumb it down for me on Feeding RAW like what extras are needed for the diet to meet all nutritional needs....

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
With Bella's enzymes, I thought it would be easier to mix with ground. But i will look into chunks next. Ground beef scared me because of the fat content. So I am just doing trial and error. Thank you so much for your help.
Sound good! Especially with the free bone meal! W00t!

Just a note on ground meat - it's good... but if your dog can consume non-ground stuff, even better. There are benefits to the chewing and tearing action required to process non-ground food - dental health and mental stimulation. Also, ground meat may have a higher bacteria load because of all that exposed surface area of the meat as opposed to meat chunks.

But, if that's what you're comfortable with - go for it! It's all good!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
With Voitto I just mix together 50% bone/meat mix(50/50), 10% organ(of which 50% organ) 30% meat and 10% veggies, tripe or fat. I add kelp, crushed egg shell and some oil. I know that will make 25% bone, but my boys do really well with it. Usko's diet is a bit different, cause of his hyperuricosuria. He doesn't get any organs and doesn't eat his veggies, so he gets his vitamins from the bottle. They also get bone to chew for fun.

OP
Kansascitymama

Kansascitymama

Jan 11, 2014
Northern, VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Beefy & Miss. Dutchess McWigglesworth
TY everyone for the additional input, glad I made this post as I can see Miss Bella has been switched :)...

Members online

No members online now.