Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Raw food = tears, stains, wrinkle problems.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Raw food = tears, stains, wrinkle problems.

Just some more information for you but my dog didn't do well with chicken at all. So if that's your dogs staple then cut it out. She did fine on chicken for about 4 days, and then she had mud butt for a few days. I switched to pork now as her staple and it's been night and day difference. Something with chicken and English Bulldogs don't mix. If you do some research it's quite a common food intolerance with them, and I think dogs in general..It's funny too because it's usually the first protein that is recommended by most raw feeders. I'm assuming it's because of the price, but honestly if I recommended feeding raw to someones Bulldog I would say start with pork. Pork is probably the most digestible meat offered, and is actually known for aiding in keeping on muscle mass. I believe it's even considered hypoallergenic but I'm not sure how true that is. Once you got nice firm stools, no major gas, a nice coat, and just overall good disposition then try chicken. I'm still scared to offer it to her, but I'm thinking about just using smaller amounts. What I'm tossing around is using chicken backs as bone content, and then pork as the muscle meat. Doing a 4:1 ratio of each(1 being chicken back). Obviously adding in organ meat in there too, but I'm talking just bones and muscle. Anyways, just my two cents!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Great info! My boys do well on chicken. The only exception is chicken from Costco. I'm thinking they put something in it, maybe more salt? There's been a few that didn't do well on it it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lilly, Chester
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    Great info! My boys do well on chicken. The only exception is chicken from Costco. I'm thinking they put something in it, maybe more salt? There's been a few that didn't do well on it it as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    Yeah every dog is different I think with how they do. But it is quite a common protein allergy among dogs. In my opinion after transitioning Lilly, chicken should be avoided as a staple for starting new dogs out on raw because of this reason.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads