Gas!

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Hi everyone!

I started feeding Otis beef and turkey necks for the past 2 weeks and he's become so gassy and his breath is horrible! It smells like rotten meat. I thought going raw eliminating the smell.....what could be causing this?

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
No help .. .but as I recall sometimes when you introduce a new protein source in raw feeding it can give them gas til they get used to it.

But I wouldn't take my answer as gospel .... let's wait for the experts to come over and help!!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Although raw food usually eliminates stinky farts, it doesn't eliminate it in ALL cases. Bullie is a perfect example. If you give her nothing but chicken for a while, she starts to get clear-the-room farts. I'm not quite sure why this is. Also, if she's on medication, she gets stinky farts. The bloody meat breath smell only happens right after they eat. I encourage them to drink water after eating (which they don't like doing ever since they got on raw) which usually eliminates the vampire breath. I also wipe their faces with wet ones after they eat.

But, I've been feeding raw for a while. It took Bullie more than a month on raw before she quit stinky gas. But then, I started off with chicken...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online