Skin problem came back

Rudi Lim

Jun 27, 2013
Hi,

I started raw feeding sometime last month. Then I was away from home for a week and when I came back, Boxy's skin condition gotten worse. I was told that my family fed him a new dog food that resulted in the bad skin condition. He has been on raw ever since I came back last week but this time round, the skin condition didn't improve. The first time I switched him to raw, his skin condition improved tremendously. It seems like 3 steps backwards now.

I am still feeding the same thing. Chicken, wild boar meat and pig's heart.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375536819.623611.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1375536835.367210.jpg

OP
R

Rudi Lim

Jun 27, 2013
I have also started to add cider vinegar in his drinks a couple of days back.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Oh dear, that dog food must have really upset the balance. Thats too bad, especially since it was improving. That looks really bad, poor baby! I really think this requires a trip to the vet to help get it under control. Boxy probably needs a medicated shampoo and possibly antibiotics.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Not much I can add but I hope Boxy begins to feel better soon.

OP
R

Rudi Lim

Jun 27, 2013
He is currently under the treatment for ringworms, he can't take any medication orally. All the vets I met in my area cannot tackle this problem. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375549740.003001.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
He is currently under the treatment for ringworms, he can't take any medication orally. All the vets I met in my area cannot tackle this problem. View attachment 50954

You can order medicated shampoo online, try pharmaseb maybe?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

OP
R

Rudi Lim

Jun 27, 2013
I am using malaseb.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375557716.495015.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1375557716.495015.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 161

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Bella had ringworm, and it kept coming back. We finally figured out the cat was the carrier of it. Boy was it a battle... Good luck!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i was wondering why he cant take medication orally. garlic is a good antifungal and might help and immune booster. perhaps some probiotics to help the immune system.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Hi,

I started raw feeding sometime last month. Then I was away from home for a week and when I came back, Boxy's skin condition gotten worse. I was told that my family fed him a new dog food that resulted in the bad skin condition. He has been on raw ever since I came back last week but this time round, the skin condition didn't improve. The first time I switched him to raw, his skin condition improved tremendously. It seems like 3 steps backwards now.

I am still feeding the same thing. Chicken, wild boar meat and pig's heart.
View attachment 50875View attachment 50876
Is this a new skin condition or the old one back again. Is what we are seeing ring worms? Where do you live? Oh my gosh you must feel so frustrated I can't even begin to imagine! I am so sorry it got worse again.

OP
R

Rudi Lim

Jun 27, 2013
Cowsmom, I will try to give some garlics but I am not sure if he would eat them. It really puzzled me when the vet told me he can't take oral medications.

Christyjulene, I am in Indonesia, medical practices here is not advanced. The red bumps with boils are allergies towards dog food. Ring worm is a new problem. After the first injection, the ring worm problem seems to subside a bit. And after a few weeks of eating raw, the bumps from allergies are getting smaller. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376370681.862809.jpg

I will keep monitoring the progress and post the pictures here. Thank you all for your kind advices. :)

jdotlim

Jul 4, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Poor Boxy...just a thought. My Tonka gets hot spots when he eats my sisters dog food. I know it isn't the same as your condition maybe this will help. I gave him 1-2 tablets of benedryl. And soaked a cotton ball with apple cider vinegar and wetted the whole area with apple cider vinegar. I let it air dry on its own. Since hot spot itches sometimes. I used cortaid. It might work for you, worth a shot. Good luck. Please keep us updated.

OP
R

Rudi Lim

Jun 27, 2013
Just to update on Boxy's condition. He is getting way better now. Just realized that he is allergic to chicken and I have switched him to Golden Eagle's Lamb & Rice, Hypo-Allergenic. He has been on this new dog food for 2 weeks now. 80% of the bumps has cleared up. I am so glad.
pa2ede6y.jpg
ahamyvu2.jpg

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
Great improvement! Yeay!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.