californiarufio

Apr 3, 2013
Southern California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufio
Hi Everyone,

I have a 6 month old English bulldog named Rufio. He is very healthy and doing well. We are currently feeding him Instrict Raw Bites (lamb). We were thinking of switching him to the Instict Kibble with Raw Boost (Venison and Lamb) because it is almost $2 cheaper per pound. Does anyone have any input they could shed on the differences? I know the Instrict no matter what type of food is rated 6 stars. Is the pure raw really worth it?

Thanks for all the help!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Hi Everyone,

I have a 6 month old English bulldog named Rufio. He is very healthy and doing well. We are currently feeding him Instrict Raw Bites (lamb). We were thinking of switching him to the Instict Kibble with Raw Boost (Venison and Lamb) because it is almost $2 cheaper per pound. Does anyone have any input they could shed on the differences? I know the Instrict no matter what type of food is rated 6 stars. Is the pure raw really worth it?

Thanks for all the help!

hi, i feed nvi raw...but my dog its the pickiest eater. tried lots of kibble, threw lots of kibble away. i would have kept her on kibble ifshe would only eat it. but she does like the raw. we still have to hand feed her, but she likes it! we are on venison Patties now with a wild salmon one here and there. i don't know much about the differences except there is less protein in the raw, but your right its hella expensive

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm sure it's probably worth the extra price, but to really see the benefits trying the kibble out for 4 weeks vs the raw may tell you if it's truly worth it. You may want to do a combo of both, they are designed to work together without stomach upset I believe.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

adamslater

Dec 6, 2012
Sudbury, ON
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
I have been feeding the nvi raw for over a year and I think it is total worth it. It is expensive but I have seen great results...they offer coupons sometimes so I stock up then. I tried the kibble and raw and had some issues but every dog is different.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
i'm surprised myself, but Lola is still doing great on the NVI raw patties as well. she has never been on the same food for this period of time and her coat is looking pretty pretty pretty good, if i do say so myself! we do alternate between NVI and a canadian company called Tollden farms, which has way more protein options (boar, bison, rabbit) compared to the NVI (we feed venison, beef, chicken in that order). I hope you found something that works for your bully! @californiarufio

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.