Poop Problems

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Oi vey. What a night. Otis kept having to go outside every 2-3 hours from 1:30am-10am, he only had one accident and I'm assuming it was my fault for not being awake. I didn't feed him breakfast because I read that you should fast them when you have issues like that. I'm assuming chicken is out. His fur is thinning, he's got "dandruff", and the poops are unbelievable. So I bought beef stew to give him for dinner, and beef ribs.....but the beef ribs seemed too hard for him so I gave him a bit of chicken backs I still had, just so we (hopefully) didn't have a repeat of last night.

Should I stick with the beef? What kind of meaty bones are okay for dogs?

i give lamb femur, lamb ribs, turkey necks. I would maybe try turkey before beef as bee is rich and could be rough to start when intitially going raw. Turkey is more easily digestible and not as rich.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
i give lamb femur, lamb ribs, turkey necks. I would maybe try turkey before beef as bee is rich and could be rough to start when intitially going raw. Turkey is more easily digestible and not as rich.

Hmm, well his poop isn't projectile. But it's softer than soft serve ice cream. Since I already fed him one meal of beef, would it be safe to switch to a new protein or should I ride out the beef for a couple of weeks?

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Hmm, well his poop isn't projectile. But it's softer than soft serve ice cream. Since I already fed him one meal of beef, would it be safe to switch to a new protein or should I ride out the beef for a couple of weeks?

How long have you been feeding the beef? I would prob stick with the beef for a couple weeks and maybe up the bone ratio and see how he does if you get normal stool after a couple weeks I would stick with it for a good month before changing proteins again. If after a couple weeks of beef it is super soft I would move to turkey necks - like I said beef is rich and it usually takes a bit for the dogs system to get use to it. Also I would give a probiotic and digestive enzyme. This will help with the intitial transition and then once he has been on raw awhile with normal stool you can discontinue if you want. I give it to mine still and my female has been on raw over a year. I figure it's cheap enough and does t hurt. Let me know if you have any others questions, ill do my best to help.

christyjulene

Apr 1, 2013
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Abbey
Glad to hear the :poo: is improving :D!

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
He's only had one beef meal of beef stew. I had short ribs, but didn't end up giving them to him because I was scared of the bone. What type of beef bone is edible? Thanks for your help.

And yes, I'm so glad his poop wasn't projectile. I mean it still wasn't ideal but it's bettee than it was before.

Members online

No members online now.