Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon loves raw carrots so we feed them to him as a treat will they hurt him????

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Nope, carrots are a great snack, also broccoli, avocado, the meat only, not the pealing, and green beans. Fruit they can have apples, just not the seeds, banana, blueberries, strawberries, watermelon, there's a couple more, I just can't think of them now. Just don't give them grapes or raisins.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
No, they won't hurt him, they are a great snack. I used to give my guys the baby carrots, but because they just inhale their food, and don't chew, the baby carrots were coming out like baby carrot bullets. Lol. I do give my guys cut up apples, bananas, strawberries, blueberries, but be prepared for black poop with blueberries. They also get cheese strings, oatmeal, plain unsweetened yogurt, cottage cheese, hard boiled eggs, and green beans for snacks.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We haven't tried carrots yet. Guess that is another item to add to the list to try. Yogurt get devoured quickly even after we freeze it into the shape of a Kong.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Some do get yeast from carrots and other sugary veggies and fruit, but some can handle them just great.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I feed them to Ace too. He likes them. I usually keep them frozen and give as treats. I also stir some frozen english peas in with is kibble from time to time which he seems to like as well.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION] I was not aware of the grape thing he doesn't like them anyway my daughter tried to feed him one and he didn't want it. I know he loves banana's he loves fruit and veggies. He was eating carrots with me last night he chews those better than his kibble he usually just inhales his kibble like a vacuum unless it has lamb in it then you'd think I was trying to poison him.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Another summer time treat we like giving ours is, and the kids might like them too, is take plain yogurt and mix with peanut butter, about half and half, or to your liking, then drop little spoonfuls on wax paper covering a cookie sheet, then freeze. Once frozen, we take them off the sheet and put them in a zip-lock bag, for quick access treats. The bullies love them.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
Another summer time treat we like giving ours is, and the kids might like them too, is take plain yogurt and mix with peanut butter, about half and half, or to your liking, then drop little spoonfuls on wax paper covering a cookie sheet, then freeze. Once frozen, we take them off the sheet and put them in a zip-lock bag, for quick access treats. The bullies love them.

great idea...will try that!

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Great idea I am going to try that!! My kids love the cookies I make for Sheldon Lmbo!!!

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I use the baby carrots I cut them into chunks or bite him off of a chunk from mine or just give it hole to him he actually chews those

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1904]cali baker[/MENTION] thank you I also brush his teeth and check them daily

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online