Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I home prepare my bullies for to avoid allergies. I get organic kale, celery, carrots, strawberries, blueberries, english cucumber, then add vitamins, omega 3's, kelp and bone meal, process in the blender to the consistency of baby food. They get one cup per feeding plus one protein such as sardines, makeral, cod, beef liver bison or raw essentials patty. No poultry, grain or potato. I have been recuing/fostering/adopting EB for 14 years and get them in pretty rough shape and usually the older ones who have had a lifetime of neglect and poor nutrition. It is beyond amazing to watch them come back to health. For me at least, this has taken years of experimenting with foods, kibbles, combinations. Nothing worked. This does. It takes effort. I prepare 20-30 containers at a time and freeze them, but keep 2-3 in the frig ready to go. Most people think that a dog would turn his nose up at this, but they LOVE it!. When I am making salad, I can hardly get any lettuce in my bown before I have a begging crowd. They would eat a whole head of lettuce if I did not stop them.

That sounds like my kids LOL! Sheldon doesn't like lettuce we tried that he spit back out at us lol but he loves fresh veggies and fruit so we use those as treats and his coat is so shiny and vibrant again.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

luvnmymedic

May 31, 2013
Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Seven - RIP I love you
I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread. You all have given me some great ideas to try with Seven. He loves some carrot treats that I found in the natural bin at the pet store. The ingredients were listed so it looked ok. I thought since he liked those that I would try something at home with carrots. I went raw with him on Saturday. He is liking it. I would like to add variety once I decide he's doing ok on it. Most likely in a few months.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread. You all have given me some great ideas to try with Seven. He loves some carrot treats that I found in the natural bin at the pet store. The ingredients were listed so it looked ok. I thought since he liked those that I would try something at home with carrots. I went raw with him on Saturday. He is liking it. I would like to add variety once I decide he's doing ok on it. Most likely in a few months.

Sheldon loves him some carrots he loves banana's too

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I think my dogs love carrots better than regular treats from the petstore plus they're cheaper!!! Maybe because they're so crunchy and it satisfies that urge to crunch & chew :)

Also - try yellow squash!!

I will give that a try and you may be right about that Sheldon too loves carrots more than the store bought treats put one of those down for him and he looks at me like "really Mom" lol

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online