Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Carrots??

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    Another summer time treat we like giving ours is, and the kids might like them too, is take plain yogurt and mix with peanut butter, about half and half, or to your liking, then drop little spoonfuls on wax paper covering a cookie sheet, then freeze. Once frozen, we take them off the sheet and put them in a zip-lock bag, for quick access treats. The bullies love them.
    I want to make these. How do you store them in the plastic bag? In the freezer?

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

@Lisabear123 yes, once they freeze, take them off the cookie sheet and put in a zip-lock bag and put back in the freezer.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Davidh View Post
    @Lisabear123 yes, once they freeze, take them off the cookie sheet and put in a zip-lock bag and put back in the freezer.
    Awesome, Brie (and I) thank you!

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

We have a couple of Kong shaped ice cube trays that we freeze the yogurt in. We have done all kinds of mixtures and yogurt and watermelon and yogurt and apple seem to be Harlea's favorites right now.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Sheena
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy
    Likes (Received)

Def Peanut butter... Daisy is obsessed! ANd yogurt and string cheese like the others said! But honestly she would eat anything. Except green beans... The little weirdo. lol

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@Marine91 do you cute the fruit up and put in the yogurt or is it just a flavoring done with juice?

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    @Marine91 do you cute the fruit up and put in the yogurt or is it just a flavoring done with juice?
    We use plain yogurt and cut up the fruit to add to it. Harlea goes bonkers over it.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    We use plain yogurt and cut up the fruit to add to it. Harlea goes bonkers over it.
    I bet Sheldon would love them he loves ice cubes so I am betting he would love the yogurt and fruit as well as the yogurt and peanut butter.

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Dawna
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fiona
    Likes (Received)

I home prepare my bullies for to avoid allergies. I get organic kale, celery, carrots, strawberries, blueberries, english cucumber, then add vitamins, omega 3's, kelp and bone meal, process in the blender to the consistency of baby food. They get one cup per feeding plus one protein such as sardines, makeral, cod, beef liver bison or raw essentials patty. No poultry, grain or potato. I have been recuing/fostering/adopting EB for 14 years and get them in pretty rough shape and usually the older ones who have had a lifetime of neglect and poor nutrition. It is beyond amazing to watch them come back to health. For me at least, this has taken years of experimenting with foods, kibbles, combinations. Nothing worked. This does. It takes effort. I prepare 20-30 containers at a time and freeze them, but keep 2-3 in the frig ready to go. Most people think that a dog would turn his nose up at this, but they LOVE it!. When I am making salad, I can hardly get any lettuce in my bown before I have a begging crowd. They would eat a whole head of lettuce if I did not stop them.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ebulldoglover View Post
    I home prepare my bullies for to avoid allergies. I get organic kale, celery, carrots, strawberries, blueberries, english cucumber, then add vitamins, omega 3's, kelp and bone meal, process in the blender to the consistency of baby food. They get one cup per feeding plus one protein such as sardines, makeral, cod, beef liver bison or raw essentials patty. No poultry, grain or potato. I have been recuing/fostering/adopting EB for 14 years and get them in pretty rough shape and usually the older ones who have had a lifetime of neglect and poor nutrition. It is beyond amazing to watch them come back to health. For me at least, this has taken years of experimenting with foods, kibbles, combinations. Nothing worked. This does. It takes effort. I prepare 20-30 containers at a time and freeze them, but keep 2-3 in the frig ready to go. Most people think that a dog would turn his nose up at this, but they LOVE it!. When I am making salad, I can hardly get any lettuce in my bown before I have a begging crowd. They would eat a whole head of lettuce if I did not stop them.
    That sounds like my kids LOL! Sheldon doesn't like lettuce we tried that he spit back out at us lol but he loves fresh veggies and fruit so we use those as treats and his coat is so shiny and vibrant again.

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Seven - RIP I love you
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread. You all have given me some great ideas to try with Seven. He loves some carrot treats that I found in the natural bin at the pet store. The ingredients were listed so it looked ok. I thought since he liked those that I would try something at home with carrots. I went raw with him on Saturday. He is liking it. I would like to add variety once I decide he's doing ok on it. Most likely in a few months.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by luvnmymedic View Post
    I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread. You all have given me some great ideas to try with Seven. He loves some carrot treats that I found in the natural bin at the pet store. The ingredients were listed so it looked ok. I thought since he liked those that I would try something at home with carrots. I went raw with him on Saturday. He is liking it. I would like to add variety once I decide he's doing ok on it. Most likely in a few months.
    Sheldon loves him some carrots he loves banana's too

Love has a name and its name is Sheldon!!!<3

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads