Detox??

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
I just started my 7 year old bulldog on a raw beef diet from a home made dog food diet with great reviews from Dinovite. Basically my bulldogs immune system is destroyed. He has been on prednisone and antibiotics this past year and I need to build his immune system.

What I wanted to know what is it possible for your dog to get worse on a raw diet before he gets better? He is so inflamed and red and chewing his feet constantly. The website with the homemade diet said you have to stick with it and be patient. I'm sooo nervous though, almost want to break down and bring him to the vet. His personality is still the same and doesn't seem sick or anything. His stool is less and less and very firm. Before the raw he was going no. 2 like 5 times a day!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hi, i feed Lola raw medallions from nvi, so I'm no expert but maybe reilly is allergic to beef and you just need to use venison or lamb? Lola is allergic to chicken and was on beef but was itchy so we are onto venison now. maybe some plain yogurt with the raw could be used to build up the immune system. i used to give Lola vit c pills crushed up in cream cheese too. i hope he feels better!! i hate when theyre so itchy!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
oh and the poo only once a day is a good thing!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Less :poo: is normal.... also as April stated -- could be allergic to beef.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I think that with highly allergic dogs it would be better to start with one ingredient, one protein source and stick with that for about two weeks. If the itching stops then add another protein source and watch if there's a reaction. Beef is one of protein sources that most causes allergic reactions. I didn't quite understand that is he eating only beef or are you giving him something else. I'm not familiar with Dinovite.

OP
R

reillysmom

Jul 12, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Reilly
It's 70/30 ground beef raw, plain white rice, hard boiled eggs crushed with the shells with the dinovite supplement and wild Alaskan salmon oil.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
It's 70/30 ground beef raw, plain white rice, hard boiled eggs crushed with the shells with the dinovite supplement and wild Alaskan salmon oil.

So are you making it yourself? If you are, first thing you can try is ditch the rice.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online