dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hello everyone,

Please i need some enlightment :). In exactly a week my pup would be coming home, he would be 2mos. old. I know i want to feed him raw (his breeder is feeding him Royal Canin :no:) I'm just overwhelmed with all the infos i dig in the net. With Barfing the veggies and fruits must be pureed, oil per meal should be different plus vitamins must be added, (well that's according to what i read online). Found alot of recipes but i find them too complex and too much work to be honest. Are there any simpler recipes i could follow? Should i really buy 3-4 different kinds of oil to add to the mix (fish oil, flax oil, olive oil, etc. fish oil and flaxseed oil are both rich in omega fatty acids, can't i just use flaxseed oil)?

There are alot of barf shops around the city where i could buy different kinds of meat, from pork to horsemeat, from rabbit to deermeat and an assortment of poultry and entrails. I am willing to try RMB. BUT I'm scared of choking. If i'm going for RMB which part of the chicken should i start? I read chicken wings is good for starters but i also read something against it. And if i'm going to chop it, how big should i chop it for a 2 month old puppy not to choke? I also know i should keep feeding him chicken for several weeks but how long is "several weeks"? When and how do i know he's ready for another kind of meat?

His breeder is so against me feeding him raw while he's still a baby. She wants me to stay on Royal Canin up till he's 6mos. old because she's afraid he might not get all the nutrition he needs growing up. I know meat is reach in vit.A,D,E,K and Bs, and Iron. Like human babies he should be given vitamin supplements. What other foods should i give him for his growing needs or meat really is enough?:whew:

I'm sorry if this is too long :ashamed:. I just wanna do as little mistake as possible raising him up. And i thought there isn't any other better place to ask questions than hier in EBN.

Thank you and i appreciate your patience!

Jill

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm sorry I don't have any experience with raw feeding, especially with a young puppy. A puppy needs the extra calories, fat , and minerals for their rapid growth and development. I'll tag some members who have experience with raw feeding.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi @bullymomwannabe I was feeding raw for a time, but since I have 5 bullys and work full time I found that the time and room it took up in my freezer was crazy every two weeks I would grind the meat or cut in chunks for their meals. They ate out of their dishes but I still had to clean a heck of a mess every day.

I was giving them flaxseed oil. I still do. They make great supplements in all kinds of forms. do a little research and you will be amazed at all the ways, styles and things you can feed them. Yes, start with chicken parts for sure, 10% of it should be bone. I bought a grinder and ground up the chicken legs with skin and bone. I would then just cut up the breast. also backbones and necks are nice to give whole. theres a raw section on this site . quite a few members feed raw, I'll see if I can get some of them to help you better

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?197-Raw-Feeding-for-English-Bulldogs

Last edited:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I don't raw feed, but I myself would give a pup that young FROMM Puppy Gold.

OP
dieMuttivonBifi

dieMuttivonBifi

May 25, 2013
Germany
Country
from the Philippines but residing in Germany
Bulldog(s) Names
Bifi (beef-ii)
Hello!

Thank you for the responses!

I think i would go for a good quality dogfood for now up until his 6mos. old (that's my plan B). I am just too overwhelmed with all the informations i'm getting online and i'm not really sure if i would be giving him the balanced diet he needs growing up if i feed him raw. unfortunately there's no FROMM available here but there are a couple of good quality grain-free dogfood available that your German counterpart forum recommends (they are also big advocates on feeding raw).

I thank you for your time and i think i got my answer.

Jill

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I've fed raw to my pup since he was 2 months old, but for sure it is more work than feeding an adult. You need to do your homework, decide how your going to do it (there are different opinions how it should be done) and then do some calculating and prepare the food, at least every other day or so. In my opinion it's better to start by reading a book on the subject and then when you're sure you got all the pieces, you're good to go. Can't get a books worth of information from any thread.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.