Transitioning 13 week pup from kibble to raw.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
So I transitioned duchess around this same age but I didn't completely drop the kibble until she was about 6 months. With duke I have had him about a week and he's on royal canin as that's what the breeder had him on but I am not satisfied wih his poop at all. So that being said I want to start transitioning to raw. I will do it over a 2 week period mixing raw and kibble- I know there is debate on his- I did it before and it worked- if it ain't broke don't fix it. I also grind everything- again it works for us! My real question is he currently eats three times a day so I will continue that, once he is completely on raw I will continue the 3x daily feeding but my question is what amount? Duchess is 55lb and she eats 1lb per day. Duke currently weighs 28lb at 13 weeks . So should I do the 2%-3% of adult weight rule? The 10% of the current weight seems way to high for me and I don't want to deal with canon *** as I went through that with duchess when I first transition her to raw from feeding too much.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well I don't feed raw so I wouldn't have a clue on the amount. I know with kibble they always eat more then and adult until they get older. I'm sure others who feed raw will be along pretty soon and can weigh in on this.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm not sure as I home cook ...but I'm sure some of the raw feeders will be along shortly to help you out [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] [MENTION=1209]savemejeebus[/MENTION]

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I switched Voitto to raw at 8 weeks and went all raw at once. So if you're mixing kibble and raw I don't know about the amounts. I started Voitto with 10 % and soon noticed it was too much, not from poo but that he was too chubby. So around 6 %/bodyweight worked for us. Cannon*** seems to be the problem with feeding too much kibble, not raw.

- - - Updated - - -

I switched Voitto to raw at 8 weeks and went all raw at once. So if you're mixing kibble and raw I don't know about the amounts. I started Voitto with 10 % and soon noticed it was too much, not from poo but that he was too chubby. So around 6 %/bodyweight worked for us. Cannon*** seems to be the problem with feeding too much kibble, not raw. And I fed three times a day until six months.

OP
S

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
[MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] thanks! I guess cannon booty can be from too much of either, with duchess she was 100% raw and I was feeding too much!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.