is it okay to feed a bulldog beef?

Jennsatori

Apr 30, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Happy
I have heard that bulldogs can't handle beef and that it's better to feed them lamb or something else. is this true?

linwhite

Sep 24, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Guido Zamboni - EB, Zoltan - Shortybull, Zeva - Frenchie
Not necessarily. A lot of folks on this board feed beef. It depends on the dog. Many are allergic to lamb and chicken or just about anything else. There is no one food fits all for Bullys.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
I have fed my dogs beef , raw and kibble either one is good. right now I'm feeding Pork

MamaAndi

Staff member
Nov 20, 2011
Nebraska
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
My bullies love beef. They don't get it as often as some of the other meats but it's more of a cost effectiveness thing than preference.

You just have to keep an eye out for signs and symptoms of allergies after they try something new.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Chicken is usually more of a problem than beef. Fromm has a new food pork & peas though I think most of us here are giving it a try!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

LiLlilly

Mar 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lilly, Chester
Being new to raw I can tell you that it all depends on your animal. My dog Lilly seems to have a poultry intolerance, as well as beef. I'm not sure what it is about those proteins but she just can't process them. I was kind of bummed about the chicken as it's the most cost effective option for feeding raw...So now Lilly has been on pork and what a difference. Once I switched her over, her poops hardened right up and no more runs. Lilly also seemed to be itching a little more then normal on chicken. So to me pork is the best for her. She also does great on rabbit, so I think pork will be her staple, and I will use rabbit to mix it up. But I still need more then one protein source. That is one important fact about raw fed dogs. You need to be able to add variety to their diet. I would take a month to find a good protein for your dog to make sure that he/she is consistent with it. Once you know they're good on one, then move to another and see what happens. Slowly but surely you will be able to eliminate what works for your pup, and what doesn't. Keep us posted :)

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
I use almost any meat I can get on sale for my bulllies but there are some bullies that have less tolerance to things than other bullies. I use beef roasts to make mine beef jerky for treats and that works just fine. Most other times they get chicken, turkey, pork, or whatever is on sale. Good luck.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My boys get beef regularly too, since I can source them for cheap.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2 :D

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My dog's staple is beef hearts with chicken leg for bone. I can get beef hearts for 99 cents a pound and chicken leg quarters for 69 cents a pound.

Apr 19, 2012
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho and Lola
Hi there, what do you feed as alternate protein sources for calcium and phosphorus?:confused: Mine love beef but I'm told they need bone(I buy my proteins ground).

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
We use Fromms Beef Frittata, as my female Blossom is allergic to chicken and salmon, but we are going to try the new Pork and Peas when they finish this bag. I also use ground beef when I home cook for my guys, I try and do half kibble and half home cooked.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.