One way to keep the floors clean when feeding PMR

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
When I was researching PMR diet, one of my big concerns was how to contain the mess. A lot of people suggested using a towel/blanket or feeding outside. I decided to attempt training the dogs to eat over the bowl/placemat. I'm really very happy with the results. I'm not the trainer in my house. I'm actually the wimp - my husband is the trainer. But, he's been so busy lately that he hasn't found time to do anything with the dogs so I attempted to train the dogs myself. I am going to take a moment to pat myself on the back because I still can't believe I did it! With 2 English Bulldogs for that matter. And on PMR which is a high-valued resource that a lot of dogs get territorial with.

So, presenting today's dinner... gone in 2 minutes and 30 seconds...

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
That's great, Congratulations. They all sit so pretty waiting patiently for their food. Such well mannered bullies. My two run like a stampede for their food bowls, and then inhale the contents. Lol. Good job

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Very good job, they are well behaved. :2thumbs: Plus some good looking bullies too.

OP
anatess

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
:clap: very impressive!

:hmm:

But I'm a little concerned about that piece of fluff being so close to raw meat and Bully's! Talk about DESSERT! :eek:

:ROFL2:

Gizmo still think he's the alpha dog... until the bullys start playing and he runs under the bed. LOL!!! I used to hand-feed him his food because he was so prissy about getting meat on his hair. I finally decided to heck with that and refused to do it, but instead of eating his food, he would leave his food in his bowl and try to eat the other dogs' food while it is hanging off their mouths! Yeah, he was just asking to be the dessert... because them bullys don't put up with that.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:ROFL2:

Gizmo still think he's the alpha dog... until the bullys start playing and he runs under the bed. LOL!!! I used to hand-feed him his food because he was so prissy about getting meat on his hair. I finally decided to heck with that and refused to do it, but instead of eating his food, he would leave his food in his bowl and try to eat the other dogs' food while it is hanging off their mouths! Yeah, he was just asking to be the dessert... because them bullys don't put up with that.

:laugh: A scavenger! Lol!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
That is just great! One more excuse out of the way for some...I've heard that some people don't feed raw bc it's so messy....
:2thumbs:

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
Impressive, Ftse wont go and eat his food when I give it to him pretends he is not interested until I turn away and then he sneeks to it and eats it. I am sure he thinks I dont see him :confused:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Very nice, I make mine sit and wait too. I deliver the bowls one at a time and when everyone is served they may eat.

Good Job mama

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.