How long does it usually take?

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Hey y'all so Emmitt is on the PMR diet we just started again and think this time it will stick.. But yesterday we gave him half of a chicken the back and leg quarter.. Didn't cut it up he took a really long time to eat it like 1 1/2 hr and didn't even finish half.. So put it up for today. How long do they usually take to eat it? I know every dog is different. And hopefully he will get the hang of it. Was just curious if anyone has dealt with their dog taking forever to eat it. I don't want to have to cut it up for him.

OP
EmmittPylate

EmmittPylate

Feb 17, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Disregard lol I fed him today and he did perfect!!! So easy!!

anatess

Jul 26, 2011
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullie (RIP) & Angus (RIP)
My dogs took a long time to crunch up the bone the first few times. Even did the swallow, realized it was still too big, regurgitated it all out and chewed it back again. Disgusting. Lol. Now, they can finish a leg quarter in less time than it takes me to chop it up and clean the knife and cutting board... They still take a while when chomping on pork ribs tho.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
My older boy with his powerfull jaws eats for about ten minutes and Voitto who is only 16 weeks can chew up something for 2 hours and be sooo tired afterwards and sleep like a baby.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.